Apple Ultra Watch

Bennydee

FNG
Following.

I use a Garmin Forerunner 935 at the moment and thinking of swapping out to the Apple Ultra.

I played with my buddies ultra watch. It is cool as hell. Tons of features.

Battery life is a deal breaker IMO. 20-30 hours depending on use for him, which means it needs a charge once a day. Some people claim they get 2 days by shutting down the pulse ox and other features that run in the back ground.

compared to the garmin that will run weeks, it just doesn’t t make sense for me and the trips I Want it for.

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
I use an Apple watch. I bring a power bank backpack hunting for my phone and watch. The watch doesn't take much power and since I already have the power bank it isn't an issue. I would concentrate more on features you want and put the battery life as a lower issue if you already have a power bank.

Hoythews71

Lil-Rokslider
Wife has the Apple and loves it, but I went with a Garmin Fenix 6X. Battery life was a big factor, but the cosmetics were the real deal breaker for me. Just couldn’t get past the square face…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kowboy

FNG
Run both. Apple Ultra for home (gym and taking calls etc) and quick in and out's (power bank that was mentioned is the answer and you'll usually have one for other things anyhow). Garmin Tactix 7 for long trips or long hikes. GPS is awesome and the features for back country are imo much better for that type of activity. Plus, it's in the same ecosystem as my HH GPS and InReach. I've had all the Garmins since the OG Fenix 2 I believe, and they've been really dependable. Got me out of some sketchy (at night) trips back to camp.

i have the instinct 2, no experience with any Apple

instinct 2 battery lasts quite a while, like 3+ weeks (charged it maybe a week ago minimum, and it shows 58% or 15days of charge left). course i dont use watches for texting and all the features available. really, just what it comes with, and a few select apps from my phone (maybe 3? calendar-daycares app-ICE calls?).

if you want a smartwatch-get the smartwatch
if you want a smart timex/casio-get the garmin

axeforce6

WKR
I can get about three days on my ultra before it needs to be charged. It’s been great for me so far.

Trr15

WKR
I love the Apple Watch, but the battery life was a deal breaker (I have the generation just prior to the ultra). Switched back to my trusty old Fenix 5x and the apple is collecting dust.

JD Jones

WKR
Garmin has been fantastic for me. I don’t like the thought of a battery that needs all that charging. Seems like the cycles would kill the watch faster than a garmin as well. I’ve had one instinct for 4-5years and it’s on my wrist 99% of the time. Rugged lightweight and does the smart stuff I need

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got an Apple SE, so a few steps below the ultra but I love it. You have to use it for a while to appreciate all the features, but being able to call, text, measure decibels, set waypoints, check email, monitor heart rate, have an active compass, check weather, etc. And that’s the cheap version.

FrankAbagnale

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Ultra. Lasted three days on my MT hunt last November. Just depends on how often you want to use gps, heart, and oxygen sensors.

WBrim

WKR
Anyone have experience with the Suunto spartan compared to others? An older used spartan ultra is the only one I’ve used, and just curious if there’s much better to be had out there.
Thanks