Anyway to deactivate leupold cds turret?

raisins

FNG
I don’t trust my leupold to return to zero if someone at deer camp plays with the turret.

I dialed it up and down and it shifted a few inches at 200 yards. And some of my cousins would mess with a gun even if told not to (redneck trait of thinking you know better).

Is there anyway to remove it, disable the unlock so that you can’t move it, and then put it back on?

To adjust, I would just re-enable it later.

RPWS1989

FNG
Not to be that guy, but don’t let anyone touch my gun? It’s one thing if someone asks and you allow them but to me rifles, optics, gear in general you don’t mess with without asking…

OP
R

raisins

FNG
Not to be that guy, but don’t let anyone touch my gun? It’s one thing if someone asks and you allow them but to me rifles, optics, gear in general you don’t mess with without asking…

some of my relatives at deer camp are thoughtless a-holes that will purposefully do the thing you tell them not to do

Yeah, it sucks and I don’t hunt near them or hang out when they have a loaded gun

I live in WV and about 1 in 5 people are just horrific

OP
R

raisins

FNG
I would be more worried about a Leupold losing zero from the ride to hunting camp in the backseat of the truck.

You have already proven your scope is broken because it won’t dial and return to zero. Why keep it?
Because gun season is fast approaching

I plan to replace it in spring

RPWS1989

FNG
some of my relatives at deer camp are thoughtless a-holes that will purposefully do the thing you tell them not to do

Yeah, it sucks and I don’t hunt near them or hang out when they have a loaded gun

If that’s the case why are you hunting with them or sharing camp with them? Again not to judge, but if something as simple as not messing with the turret on someone else’s rifle scope after they ask you not to…and you don’t feel comfortable around them while they have weapons, I think you have more worries than someone messing with your turret??

Then give them an uppercut. Teach them that being an asshole gets dealt with.
Everybody thinks it's a joke until you catch a fist

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Geologist

FNG
I get that your season is coming up soon, but you are admitting to using a scope that is broken. You have no idea where your bullet is going to end up. If you can't afford a scope that works you should switch to irons or not hunt at all.