Anyone with Honey bees?

SwiftShot

WKR
I remember with bees. NEVER move more than 3 feet unless your moving them miles. The workers will get lost. You can put a stick or bucket in front of the hive after a move to make them re orientate to the location.

rtaylor

Lil-Rokslider
Beekeeping is super addictive so just a heads up. A few basic principles I stole from another beekeeper Kamon Reynolds: dead mites, strong queens and good nutrition and you will be successful.bee pic.jpg

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_5465.jpeg
Had mine all fenced off and kept a bear out for a couple years. Last weekend he finally got mad and did a belly flop or something and destroyed everything. Likely have to try the solar power electric fence or something. Have a new nuc coming in a couple days. Need to focus on shooting the bear this fall. Never once came by during daylight..

Elk97

WKR
View attachment 552974
Had mine all fenced off and kept a bear out for a couple years. Last weekend he finally got mad and did a belly flop or something and destroyed everything. Likely have to try the solar power electric fence or something. Have a new nuc coming in a couple days. Need to focus on shooting the bear this fall. Never once came by during daylight.T
Damn bears. What I did when we moved bees into the mountains for fireweed honey was put up just a three wire electric fence with a car battery fence charger (solar is a lot easier now). Instead of a ground rod we'd lay 3' chicken wire fence on the ground outside the fence and attach the ground wire to it. Then we'd wire several strips of raw bacon on the electric wire. Bears would be standing on the ground wire and taste the bacon with their tongue. Straight tracks of bear chit heading away from the fence. Never had a bear get in. Good luck!