Anyone with 34's-35's on CO Z71-ZR2

ElkNut1

WKR
Just curious if you do, I'm thinking of this addition to my 2020 ZR2. I've always been a bigger tire guy but not to extremes. Hope some here can share some thoughts, thanks! (any issues)

ElkNut

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
I figured this was far fetched, but thanks guys for at least checking out my question!

ElkNut

WKR

WKR
I figured this was far fetched, but thanks guys for at least checking out my question!

ElkNut
Have you checked out colorado forums? I've heard of guys putting 31's on a stock truck but anything bigger you would need a leveling kit or a lift in order for them not to rub

WKR

WKR

ElkNut

This has all the info you need, looks like you need a minimum 4 inch lift to run 35's

I have a 2015 colorado 3.6 and I like the good gas mileage im getting so I havent put bigger tires on yet but im sure I will in the future

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Thanks! I have the 2020, I did add a 1" lift on the front & run just under 33" at present. Did this with only 79 miles on it. No rubbing at all in the near 3 years. I'm not an off roader trying to see how much I can bend/tweak my rig so there's a difference there. I was thinking a 2" total lift on the front would do it or no more lift & trim inside of front rear fender.

I was looking at 255-85-17 so these are a much narrower tire than 12.5 tires most run. This will reduce rubbing but was curious if any had tried this? I checked you tube but nothing offered info on the narrow taller tire. I will check out this clip for sure, thanks!

ElkNut

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Great, just read the article. Looks like I was on the right track with my thinking on staying with the narrower tires.

The photo of that one truck looks pretty darned good with the larger tires. Thanks!

ElkNut

Reactions: WKR
Its going to make your truck feel very bogged down and overworked if you put 34s/35s on there. Do you ever drive on the highway?

Tjdeerslayer37

Lil-Rokslider
i had a 2016 duramax canyon on 35s, 6.5" of lift, zr2 lockers, gears, etc. for sure took some trimming with the sawzall but nothing on external sheet metal. trimmed the fender liner support in front of the tire, the pinch weld behind the tire, the edge of the plastic bumper, and some of the body mount. youd need to do less trimming if you dont take it off road but i wheeled mine a lot so it would rub without the extra trim. if youve got a gasser id definitely get gears along with tires or itll be a dawg, i put 4.10s in mine with the diesel but if i did it to the v6 id have gone 4.56

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
I have 32" at present & plenty of power, it is a gasser. I'm thinking on the 285-75-17 -- they are more in the 33-1/2 - 34" range depending on the tire chosen. The power part is a non issue with me as I am not a hot foot driver. I've owned the truck just under 3 years & it hasn't been in 4x4 yet. (grin) 7200 miles at present. I don't drive it a lot but I'd like to have it have a better look plus I'm bored with the present tires even though they look brand new!

ElkNut

Tjdeerslayer37

Lil-Rokslider
I have 32" at present & plenty of power, it is a gasser. I'm thinking on the 285-75-17 -- they are more in the 33-1/2 - 34" range depending on the tire chosen. The power part is a non issue with me as I am not a hot foot driver. I've owned the truck just under 3 years & it hasn't been in 4x4 yet. (grin) 7200 miles at present. I don't drive it a lot but I'd like to have it have a better look plus I'm bored with the present tires even though they look brand new!

ElkNut
Its just as much the power as it is the lower rpms at cruising speed, you'll likely lose use of your 8th, and maybe 7th gear. Also towing doesn't get any funner without gears either lol. Hope yours is less of a pos than mine, mine ate torque converters and transmissions, I got really good at getting that trans out after the 3rd time 🙄