Anyone using the Stocky's M50?

OSUsmokey

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at stock options for my Savage ultralite. I dont think I want the full vertical grip of the VG2 and I like the higher comb on the M50 compared to their Hunter stock.
What I cannot seem to find is anyone on here who has talked about the M50. Anyone have that style and have opinions on it?

HGL

FNG
I've got both the M50 and the VG2. I've had the M50 for about 4-5 years, it was their 1st gen that was actually made by AG composite, not that the ergos' have changed at all. I have very much enjoyed it.
The grip/palm-swell and trigger reach are perfect, for me. I think the Gen 2 version, with the better recoil pad would be an improvement as well.

I've had the VG2 for a few months now. It was my first true "vertical" grip stock and it took some getting used to. However, after using it in the field, it has become my favorite. Both good choices, imo. Kinda depends on your personal preferece.

To boil it down, the M50 "feels" better on the shoulder, but the VG2 "shoots" better, so to speak. Now, to be fair, the .280 has a bit more bite than the 6.5, so that most likely plays a big part in the functionality. They are rougly the same weight, in thier current configurations.

M50, .280 Ackley
m50.jpg

VG2, 6.5 CM
IMG_6898.JPG