Anyone used the Crossroad Archery Stabilizers?

Luked

WKR
Have seen some of the guys online using them like the Elk101 guys and a few more.
It looks like it has a lot of adjustability. Just wondering if it works like it should or if it is a pile of junk gimmick.
I have always used Bee Stinger stabilizers but always looking for something better.

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
I believe you are referring to the crossover stabilizer. I've had the 821 version on my bow for a few years now and really like it. When I'm just walking around hunting I have only one section of it pulled out so its about 12" long and doesn't really get in the way. When I'm about to go on a stalk I will extend it all the way out as that is the way that I practice and like how it balances. I also like that when fully extended it is the same length as my arrow nocked on the bow. When stalking with the arrow nocked it gives me a little buffer from being able to bump into my broad head which I like.

nphunter

WKR
I have one but don't really use it, mine has a quick disconnect and works just as well or better than most stabilizers though. The best part about it is you can get the weight out there where it matters, I shoot mine when target practicing at long yardages or sighting in my bow but seldom use it while hunting. One cool feature if you use it as a quick disconnect is that if you run out of arrows you can extend the stabilizer out all the way and with the weights on the end it would make an awesome club!!

I like the stabilizer and think it is one of the best designs out there, I just don't really use a stabilizer for most of my hunting because I've found that even long target stabilizers don't make a huge difference for me, I can still shoot extremely well out past 100yds without one. If I'm shooting for a score using the extended stabilizer might mean the difference between a 10 & 8 but for hunting, they really don't improve my groups enough to matter to me.

entropy

FNG
I've got one. The main reason I ordered it is because I don't use a sling; I always carry my bow. If you extend the stabilizer, it allows you to carry the bow by the handle, string down, top cam forward, and the stabilizer acts as a brace against the back of your shoulder.

That gets tiresome after a while too, but it gives me another option for how to carry the bow. If I'm walking a long way (as I often seem to be), I generally rotate between several different ways of carrying it so it doesn't get too tiresome.

As a stabilizer, IMO it works as well as any other of comparable length and weight.

KBC

WKR
I went back to my homemade 12” stab after a year or so with it on. I never found it made much difference extended or not but maybe I wasn’t used to the change in the way my bow felt when it was extended. I have the 12” to 31 or 33” one.

I haven't used one, but was concerned about the change in balance when changing the length of the stabilizer. The shorter the stabilizer the more weight I need to achieve the float and balance I want and changing the length doesn't affect me much at shorter distances as I have experimented. I hunt out west though and it's not uncommon to shoot 60 yards. I was also concerned about the thickness of the stabilizer and cross winds creating more instability. I also didn't want another thing to adjust on the bow as I also shoot a sliding sight. But I also may be over thinking it. My last shop had a few techs try them for a season and never said anything bad about them.

I use one. I absolutely love it. I practice with multiple different lengths for antelope when I can get the benefits like a target shooter. For elk and deer I have marks with a paint marker so I can always get a repeatable length. I have the quick disconnect adapter and bino thing for use as a monopod. I use that for elk. I did rig up a way to use it as a leg for my tripod. Overall I can’t say anything bad about it. Let me know if you want pictures or a more detailed review.

Bobcat

Lil-Rokslider
I went from the bee stinger to the cross roads and haven’t looked back. I like being able to telescope it out for longer shots and practice but then it have it shortened all the way while hunting in thick Vegetation.

lintond

WKR
I like mine so I can run it long for practice and precision. Shorten it for hunting mode. I run it on a QD so I can take it off for putting my bow in case.

wapitibob

WKR
I started using a long bar over a decade ago. No different than shooting my target bow. Never saw the need for an adjustable one.

Last edited:

Elkhntr08

WKR
I’ve got a 821 that I don’t need anymore. Actually have 2, so, you could choose black or brown weights.

ben@bpetersondds

Lil-Rokslider
I have used one for the last several years. I think they’re great. I get mine out past 21 to 24 inches whenever I can. Really helps for long shots.

Trevor96

Lil-Rokslider
I've had the 1233 model for a few years now and I really like it.

Most of the time I have it set about even with the end of my nocked arrow, which is also the right length to rest against the back of my shoulder when I'm carrying it.

There's a few local 3d shoots that I can shorten it up enough to shoot bowhunter class with the rest of my group.

I can also stretch it out for extra stabilizing if I'm shooting 100+ yards, or if I run out of arrows and need to club something 😁

ben@bpetersondds

Lil-Rokslider
I use the 1233 also. I’ve been considering running a back bar and I think the 1233 might be just too much if I do. I’m thinking about getting that smaller 1017. 17 inches is still a lot of stabilization without all the weight.?

Trevor96

Lil-Rokslider
I used a back bar for a year or two but decided that for my bow and shooting situations it was too much extra weight and hassle

Felton

WKR
It’s a good stabilizer, I have the 821, I would like to try the 1017.

One thing I was concerned with before buying it was deploying it. You can grab all the locking “nuts” at the same time and pull the stabilizer out faster than I thought possible. It’s really quick to deploy. I only shoot it at two different lengths, all the way collapsed all the way extended. So there’s no tinkering around. When I put it on my bow it slowed my pin movement way down. (I was coming from a short stabilizer.)

Good luck.

psirus7

WKR
I used one for a few years but realized i only extended it at the range, and never extended it when hunting. It’s a cool concept, but didn’t work for me.

TX_Diver

WKR
I switched from the 1233 to the 1017 because I didn't want to deal w/ 3 sections of stabilizer and the 1017 seemed simpler. They are well made and work well.

I'm using a quivalizer on my compound now and mostly shooting a traditional bow now so I'd probably sell my 1017 if anyone wants to try one.

I have used the 8-21 for a long time now. I initially bought this size, because it would be the same weight as the 8" factory stabilizer that came on my bow and it also shrinks down enough to fit in my bow case (barely). Now I wouldn't want to hunt without one.

The real added benefit for hunting purposes (for me) is it frees up both of your hands and keeps you from having to set your bow down/strap and unstrap from pack. With a pack on it will balance on my shoulders perfectly (for hiking/driving ATV/climbing tree stand). It's also handy because you can set you bow down and lean it against your leg, but still have it in reach. The only time I need to have my bow in hand now, is when I am shooting.