Anyone still using an old Garmin Inreach?

cnelk

WKR
I fired up my Delorme InReach this morning and sent a test message.

All good.
That thing goes with me everywhere.

A few years ago I did a battery test on it.
I fully charged it, left it on (Sleep
Mode) then once a day I sent myself a message, then let it go back to sleep mode. Repeated.

At the end of 7 days I had 15% battery life remaining.

CJ19

WKR
I bought my inreach mini in like 2016/2017 i think. Dont know if that makes it old.

Harvey_NW

WKR
I have both a Mini 1 and Mini 2 that my wife and I use. The only reason why I'm still using the Mini 1 and not upgrading it is because it is grandfathered into having custom preset messages that you can send for free. It's really nice to be able to customize the 3 messages and send them as much as you want.
The Mini 2 doesn't have presets?! That's bogus, that was one of the main reasons I initially went InReach!

logan123

Lil-Rokslider
Integrated batteries are easily replaced with Amazon or eBay batteries and, at worst, you have to order a $50 micro soldering kit. It’s worth looking into.

cnelk

WKR
On the 'old' Delorme, If you go into Settings > Messages > Listen Interval , you can select many options.

One will drain your battery quick, Continuous / Best Update, one is for Best Battery.

Or you can select Manual and it will Listen when you ask

TripleJ

WKR
I'm still rocking the original Delorme inreach as well, it works great.

Our OG inreach stopped working and it really had me worried it wasn’t going to be reliable in an emergency. So we replaced it. Would have kept using it though if it worked well ok but it wasn’t consistent with sending messages at all and had me worried a SOS wouldn’t work. If i remember right i did get a notification that they stopped updating the software too but i can’t remember if that was for the inreach or something else. Maybe someone can confirm that thought for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk