Anyone solo backcountry hunting over the age of 60?

CroMagnum

FNG
Anyone solo backcountry hunting over the age of 60?. Still feel like I can do it, but it seems that I don't see many doing this and I am wondering am I pushing it too far? I have 100% odds on a Arizona 6A Elk Archery hunt this year and I am trying to decide if solo is a good idea. I did this hunt 10 years ago solo and had a blast, but I was 10 years younger.

Ron
I'm 61 and still hunt solo... Just me and my InReach. Had my first mishap last spring on a turkey hunt when I slipped coming down an embankment during a stream crossing in the rain and twisted my knee. I was only a couple miles from my truck but getting back in the cold spring rain was not much fun. The former soldier in me wouldn't let me quit though. As long as you stay fit and listen to that inner voice when it tells you you're about to do something stupid, you should be fine.

P Y Buck

Lil-Rokslider
I couldn't imagine how much work a bloody Moose be. Thank god we don't get them that big. Sambar is bad enough. Great to see your still hard at it. Sorry about your partner.
Hi there, I am 66 and struggle to find reliable partners to hunt with.
Just noticed your post regarding a moose hunting partner. I have been wanting to get to AK for an archery moose hunt. I have back pack hunted elk for years in CO, ID and WA, so I feel I have all the necessary gear and more importantly the attitude to handle AK, but I struggle to find friends to commit. Are you looking to archery hunt? I have been researching air transporters for a DIY hunt.
I am also a avid whitetail hunter and am looking to partner with someone to lease in
Illinois. I reside in Michigan , but generally hunt deer in Iowa, Illinois and Ohio.

tuffcity

WKR
last day of Yukon sheep season. Getting there is half the fun. lol

Gml1YW8.jpg

wzFijuP.jpg

c8cobpY.jpg

3AcozeE.jpg

fmnjr

FNG
69 here, still at it. Things take more time and, as others have said, one must have good judgement about what one does. Remote has it's own set of problems but, if you take safety seriously, back country can still be in your wheelhouse. PM me if you're looking to make contact with a mindset geared toward back country hunts.

RO1459

FNG
Finished my 43rd year elk hunting this year and I am 75. I have been solo hunting for the past seven years during the third season in Colorado and will complete number 44 next year. I am switching to Muzzle Loading and milder temps. next year though. That said...I will still be out there.

Backyard

WKR
I just got done applying for Wy (dont even start) that I plan on doing solo as I have for the last 6 or 7 elk hunts. I’ll be 61 next Monday. Leave a plan with someone and take a Zoleo or inreach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk