Anyone know of any diaphragm calls similar to primos sonic dome size/shape?

sk1

WKR
So I’ve always been terrible with a diaphragm elk call. I made it my mission to get good at it this year. Before ordering some I went through my old ones. I had a primos single sonic dome still new in the box from a few years ago.

That’s it for whatever reason, it was easy for me. Cow calls bugles, etc. so I ordered more new ones and while I can still call easily with them, the sound is way different and not what I prefer. I’ve tried different new ones and their sonic dome double/triple. Not really happy with the sounds.

All that being said the sonic dome is what fits my mouth. I have tried cutting and trimming other brands and just can’t get the same for I keep having air leaks and not able to make consistently good calls.

Does anyone know of any diaphragm calls that are similar in size/shape to these? I really didn’t find much looking around. Just when I thought I was good with a diaphragm too lol.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KineKilla

WKR
Nope. I bought their 3 pack several years ago and really came to like the white one.

It got a tear in the rubber so I've been using the red one. Sure miss my white one.

Just bought a new white one seconds ago and hope it's the same as my old one. According to your post I may be in for some disappointment when it arrives.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

I'm kinda on the same mission as you. I just picked up both the Glen Berry single layer domes. The medium bull makes some sweet calf sounds. The dome didn't quite fit my weird pallet so I got out the dremel. Way different pitch than any Phelps I've tried.

Spoke to the owner of Wapiti River calls out of Alberta. He's sending me some calls to try. I'll ping you when I've tried them.

Attachments

• 99D09BB6-C46E-4F12-A37B-1EAC82EEEC6D.jpeg
    99D09BB6-C46E-4F12-A37B-1EAC82EEEC6D.jpeg
    388.8 KB · Views: 13
OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Nope. I bought their 3 pack several years ago and really came to like the white one.

It got a tear in the rubber so I've been using the red one. Sure miss my white one.

Just bought a new white one seconds ago and hope it's the same as my old one. According to your post I may be in for some disappointment when it arrives.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Well that is my scenario….love the white one from my old 3 pack. The new one is much more high pitch at least for me. The first one I ordered was from Amazon and I almost thought something has to be wrong with the latex. So I ordered more but directly from primos…..all the same, super high pitch. I also read they are being discontinued .

So I have my one old white one for the season and it already has a fair amount of practice miles on it

I used them for years. I doubt they’ve changed. I bet the new tighter latex is what’s throwing you off. Go rip about 40 bugles with that thing and see what it’s like after it’s stretched out.
I switched over to Phelps about four years ago and their stuff is great!

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
I used them for years. I doubt they’ve changed. I bet the new tighter latex is what’s throwing you off. Go rip about 40 bugles with that thing and see what it’s like after it’s stretched out.
I switched over to Phelps about four years ago and their stuff is great!

I did try calling with it some hoping it would loosen, but I guess I’ll give er hell for a bit and see what happens

Winnie

Lil-Rokslider
Love my Wapiti River calls. The Patriot is soooo easy to use and makes good sounds the first time!

I hope they’re not discontinuing them, the mini sonic dome is the only call I can use. I’ve got a set that’s a couple years old and a brand new set. New set is higher pitched but I think that’s because they’re not all stretched out. For bugles I like the sound of the worn set, but for cow calls the new ones sound better.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
I hope they’re not discontinuing them, the mini sonic dome is the only call I can use. I’ve got a set that’s a couple years old and a brand new set. New set is higher pitched but I think that’s because they’re not all stretched out. For bugles I like the sound of the worn set, but for cow calls the new ones sound better.

Not sure what models it applies to. The standard size single sonic dome when I ordered it on their site was saying discontinued and was on sale

Local brick n' mortar Archery shop got in some Mini Phelps. Little bastards work pretty good.