anyone have a new Benchmade hunting knife? you like it?

boom

WKR
been thinking of getting a new knife.

not to expensive thru Amazon. anyone? S30V steel..reviews?

I have a bone collector folder and fixed blade. They are both great knives, hold an excellent edge. I have boned out an animal with each, but do not carry them in my pack any more. Hard to replace a havalon and a few extra blades when it weighs under 3oz. Since I also carry a multi-tool, a 3rd blade is a little redundant.

I love my little Benchmade Griptilian folder. Hollow ground blade that takes a quick edge. I have done an entire Roosevelt bull gutless without major resharpening. If I lost the one I have, I would order another on the same day.

Here is the one I am interested. All my other benchmade a are 154CM steel.
ytu4e5ud.jpg

Mini griptillian folder. Been in my pocket everyday for 7 years. Love it. Never had a pocket knife last this long (usually get lost).

I used the new one on my goat hunt on Kodiak a month ago.....what do you want to knwo about it. Its sharp and skinned out and boned out my goat without too much effort. It works for sure, but I'm not really a "knife" guy so I am not sure what more you are looking to know about it.

I used the new one on my goat hunt on Kodiak a month ago.....what do you want to knwo about it. Its sharp and skinned out and boned out my goat without too much effort. It works for sure, but I'm not really a "knife" guy so I am not sure what more you are looking to know about it.

edge retention, and ease of putting that edge back?

Is this your first Benchmade? I've been a Benchmade fan for almost 20 years. They're a perfect niche...they're a top quality, USA-made knife that doesn't cost $500. I'm extremely happy with every BM I have, though I don't own any of the new hunting line. But if BM put it out, it's going to be at least somewhat decent, at their worst.

I have a s30v kershaw. It's definitely a stout knife. Sharpens easy and holds a nice edge. For a $50 fixed. Blade heavy duty, do-all knife I like it.

Is this your first Benchmade? I've been a Benchmade fan for almost 20 years. They're a perfect niche...they're a top quality, USA-made knife that doesn't cost $500. I'm extremely happy with every BM I have, though I don't own any of the new hunting line. But if BM put it out, it's going to be at least somewhat decent, at their worst.

i have several. but i've never experienced this new custom stainless steel..

I don't have the Benchmade, but my S30V Gerber skinned and boned out my large bull and it still slices paper. This was the first time I used it on anything.

Go for it! I have a few Benchmades and love them all. I think that knife would be a great field dresser... in fact it is on my buy list before next season

I have one and love it, super sharp and has a great feel. I had mine engraved at the dealer for like $6. It fits in the leather sheath very nice. For the price you wont find a better fixed blade for skinning and camp chores.

Back