Anyone get their coveted tag this year

COelk89

Lil-Rokslider
I drew a coveted tag but I won't say I have been waiting years for it. Only my second year applying for it. I thought it would be years more of waiting to hunt a unit of this quality I can say that for certain.

I'm a resident of Colorado and I have been hunting since 2007. I have only drawn a first choice elk tag three times 2008/2022/2024. I am 2 for 2 thus far. Hopefully here in a few weeks I'll be notching this tag and become 3 for 3 on first choice elk tags.

AZ_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
No. But I have three tags (none exactly what I wanted) but hey, got to pay to play… if I can restock the freezer I’ll be happy dude. I ain’t complaining about any tag in my pocket!

Last edited:
Didn't draw one.....but I bought one. At my age I never know when it's the last year on the mountain. Hopefully I get to draw (or buy) many years from now. Good luck to everyone. Antlers are cool but the best is to have the freezer full.

Rogue Bay

WKR
I drew one of the “Big 3” elk units in Oregon. 20 preference points. There are some huge bulls in the unit but I have pretty modest goals for the hunt. I’m just hoping for my personal best and something over 300”, which shouldn’t be hard to do as long as I don’t get weathered out.

Good luck to everyone on your hunts!

LostWapiti

Lil-Rokslider
Drew a NM rifle elk tag with less than 2% draw odds. Couldn’t believe it. Can’t wait to have my first elk hunt here I can be picky and am not just shooting the first legal elk I see.

I haven’t drawn a tag since 2020 and I apply in multiple states for deer elk & antelope. One of these years I’m going to get lucky! Filling in the gap years with otc whitetail and other scraps that nobody wanted.

Was able to get a pretty good muzzleloader elk tag this year for my kid. Hope to have a great hunt but I’m pinwheeling that damn full moon.

My secondary left over tag is as coveted as any tag I could have. Simply because I get to hunt elk in September

alecvg

Lil-Rokslider
Yep. Drew the elk tag I have been applying for for years, with low odds, here in Montana. Decided to turn back the LE elk tag I drew in Colorado to make the most of it. Plan on hunting about a week of archery between guiding hunts, and taking the entire rifle season off plus the week before to scout.