Anyone else experiencing OnX Maps locking up

Ive not had it lock up but its strange how some of the layers are from different seasons and times. Some layers show structures or ect and other layers won't. Really strange.

I had an issue using in on the PC and emailed their customer service. Turns out they were having an issue with a certain layer (MVUM) and recommended turning that off. That solved my problem. I was notified a few days later that the issue was resolved and am now using that layer again.
OnX customer service was great, so I recommend contacting them if you're still having issues.

It works great now that I'm back home, just not when I needed it! It all worked out. I shot my buck on the 2nd day, but it was frustrating at the time.

It's been very slow or locking up a lot on my Android. They need to get rid of all the stupid weather features ECT. If I get out the app while tracking my track and waypoints disappear. Not sure I will trust it anymore

wapitibob

WKR
Yes it was in Airplane mode, we tried everything because we really were relying on it in the checkerboard.

Well heck. I had one problem a year ago that was release dependant and it’s been flawless other than that.

Onx has a known issue with android phones and large amounts of data; non issue with an iPhone and the same data. I’m an onx believer but basemap and Gaia have trial periods, those might be worth a look. Basemap has recently enabled all offline maps similar to onx.

Last edited:

elkyinzer

WKR
My 10 year old garmin gps is working fine just for the record. Oh boy that reminds me, I better go make sure my backup compass doesn't need a software upgrade.

This thread makes me feel better that it wasn’t me this past weekend my first time elk hunting in Colorado.

I really had minimal experience using it with saved maps and while being in the Routt National Forest it went out on me and couldn’t get it to reset. I was able to find my way by pure coincidence to my cap and then had to walk up the highway 2 miles back to my truck.

On the same hunt I was using the tracks feature and when I looked at it it was laying down a track in a section that was 20 miles away. Not very confidence inspiring!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dustin862

FNG
I’ve had trouble lately with mine spotting me while I’m in service. Often way across the map.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk