Anyone else experiencing OnX Maps locking up

Mine has been doing the same thing. It's been pretty frustrating. It's never happened before this last month or so.

OP
Still Hunter
I wonder if their server is having a problem keeping up with the amount of traffic they are having?

RockinU

Lil-Rokslider
Was happening to me last weekend...enough that I ordered another set of paper maps.

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
On my (apple) phone no problem since last fall, at work on “the older” pc if you try to do to much to quickly (zoom in and out) you’ll get the white map of death, gotta refresh and start over.

Yooper

WKR
I'm done with OnX. Too many issues with the downloaded maps I have stored and issues with locking up as well. This is on an iPhone. Moving on to something else now.

The reliability really is disappointing. Nothing like driving to down and buying a meal you didn't really want just to get WIFI to download another map that might just be shit anyway. They're going to get passed by a competitor if they don't fix this stuff and start innovating again. And no I'm not talking about new icons and new colors (embarrassing it took that long just to get those).

GregB

WKR
I was up in the mountains this weekend and all of my way points disappeared. There was an update when I got home and it seems to be working fine now, but it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence for when hunting season comes.

OP
Still Hunter
I love the program and love what they do. It has certainly made a huge difference for all of us in the field. My intent was not to "trash them", the intent was to try to determine if it was my equipment or possibly my
internet provider. I was having the problem with my IPhone and two different IP locations. I am glad it is not my equipment. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

EJMK

FNG
This is why I carry a stand alone GPS with the chip. I have had too many issues with my phone with other apps that it just makes me nervous to only use my phone. I have downloaded OnX on my phone for the trial period but couldn’t get used to it, and worried about not having the right map downloaded or losing info.

A new OnX update, great timing. The old roll the dice...is this one going to screw up maps I’ve already downloaded for the Sept 1 opener? Would the risk averse hunter wipe them out and re-download?

I had issues with it in Wyoming during my Pronghorn hunt. No cell service, but maps were downloaded. After first two days it was worthless. I could not see my waypoints or what was BLM to navigate the checkerboard. Good thing we had paper maps. This is on an iPhone