Anyone C-Clamp their press?

OutdoorAg

WKR
I was having a tough time deciding where to bolt my presses to the bench. So I went temp with some C clamps to try out a few spots.

Surprisingly…the c clamps worked great. From decap, FL size, and seating. No press movement.

I’m thinking of keeping it this way, giving me ultimate mobility at the bench.

Anyone else?

Yes! I have my press setup so I can use c clamps at the range, at home it's screweded to a 2x4 section that fits nicely in my bench vise. Easy to move without tools

Yep, multiple presses mounted to 1/2” steel plate and clamped with C clamps to the bench. I can add or remove them as needed and sometimes I use two at a time side by side. 25 years or so this way. It’s nice to have the bench space available if wanted.

Attachments

• E4DC529A-AF15-427B-AB76-3259C6DD38FF.jpeg
    E4DC529A-AF15-427B-AB76-3259C6DD38FF.jpeg
    287.6 KB · Views: 62
Thanks! Sounds like I’m not missing anything by sticking with the C’s for a while. Or forever. Both presses are on mounts, so it’s easy to grab the mount base and clamp down solid.

Mounting to the steel plate is a great idea, I’ve used c clamps in the past, but they always seem to manage to get in the way somehow

My father bolts a piece of angle iron to the press and uses it in a vice - take down and put away easy...

I mounted a strip of wood 1 inch above my reloading table then clamped my reloading press to a piece of plywood and insert the back of the plywood under my wall strip to hold the back down and then I c clamp the front down works great and removes in seconds to keep my table clear.

I don't use a clamp for my press but use an Inline Fabrication quick change. I use the flush one mounted to the bench. You can use a router and make it truly flush as well.

Just finishing up our new house and haven’t got to the reloading room setup yet, yep I know about priorities but the boss has different priorities. I currently have my press c-clamped to a table in the garage.

My father attached the entire structure to the table in the garage. Sometimes it's scary to approach. It seems that soon his desk will turn into a transformer, there are so many things on it. He loves to experiment with clamps, and all the possible products from https://www.sandfieldengineering.com/ lie around the territory of our garage. It's time for this company to start paying him for unspoken advertising. Neighbors go to our garage like a museum and constantly borrow clamps. He is now focusing on C clamps.

Last edited:
I'm in the press to planks, planks clamped on camp as well. 2x6s work well. I have one bench that has a lip and I found that I could drill and bolt together a few scrap boards so I had enough on the top and bottom to stay stable.

For years I used C clamps holding my single stage press on a Black & Decker workmate. Bolted now on the workbench in our home. Wasn't always the case with limited space.

Back