anybody try out the underarmor boots

howler

FNG
I can't remmber the name of them they have some pretty wild colors though,,

IrishnId

WKR
I bought the Speed Freaks for last archery season and loved every minute in them! They are very light weight, comfortable and support well. They dry very quickly from morning hikes in the grass. Never soaked them in a creek or heavy rain though. I'm impressed. I think if you were to hunt in much scree or shale slide areas, the leather might break down quick. It's a very soft leather. But that's also why I think they are so comfortable.

idabow

FNG
I have a pair of the UA ridge reaper and hate them. They are a size 13 and fit more like a size 12. After 3 days of my toes getting smashed into the toe box and going numb on my elk hunt I swaped them in favor of my old Danners. I have since bought a pair of Cabela's Alaskan hikers by Meindl made in Germany, and I love them. The Europeons make really good footwear and they are built to last. Sadly the UA boots that are sitting in my closet will be my last pair of Chinese made boots I will ever own. However I have a friend that has the speed freaks and he really likes them so maybe its just the ridge reaper. I would be curious to know if anybody else has had this problem with the reapers?

eleaf

FNG
I use Speed Freeks and love them. Light. Comfortable as all get-out. Keeps my feet dry.

I can't vouch for longevity from heavy use season to season (I have about 35-40 miles on them), but they have been through snow, a river, steep climbs, and good old fashioned huffing it.

I had the speed freaks and hated them!! They were not very rigid and didn't carry a load very well. They also were cheaply made and were falling apart after one season. They also were not water proof after wearing them for a little they leaked. My toes also would slam forward into them going down hill. I switched Hanwags and haven't look back. Boots are one item that should NOT be skimped on imo.

I would be curious to know if anybody else has had this problem with the reapers?[/QUOTE]

Dude yes!!! My feet were crushed once I had a load on going downhill. My toes were slamming into the toe box, and I even had to cut my hunt short. Backcountry hunting on a college budget had its rough times.

Snipershirt

Lil-Rokslider
I would be curious to know if anybody else has had this problem with the reapers?

Dude yes!!! My feet were crushed once I had a load on going downhill. My toes were slamming into the toe box, and I even had to cut my hunt short. Backcountry hunting on a college budget had its rough times.[/QUOTE]

x2...IMO, the UA's I've tried are lightweight and look cool and that's about it. Zero support with any weight on them and I felt every rock I stepped on in the sole...I do understand they are designed around being lightweight and well as the name implies, speedy.

$

I tried the Speed Freak 7 last season and loved how lightweight they were. They are definitely a early season boot (not much insulation). They started to leak on me during the late season. All in all not very impressed.

VernAK

WKR
I have and use Speed Freaks and Ridge Reapers and love both of em but do not consider them serious mountain hunting boots.
The Speed Freaks I wear daily for walks and casual work around the yard and dry ground bird hunting while the Ridge Reapers are my boot for hiking into the bear bait or valley moose hunting. If going into the hills and rocks, I get out the Hanwags.