Anybody running the Hankook Dynapro MT2 tires on their HD trucks?

traildust

WKR
I need a new set of tires for the old 2500.

I about had a heart attack when I checked on prices! Ridiculous to have to drop $2K on a set of 35/12.50R18 tires!

I am curious about how the Dynapro MT2 wears and perform on wet pavement.

DT lists them for $336 each.

Any other suggestions on good tires that won't cost an arm & leg?

nobody

WKR
We are huge fans of them. I just have a set on my half ton, but my dad's first set of them lasted about 40k on his Power Stroke. He replaced them with another set and then sold the truck after the truck had about 15k on them. His current truck, a Duramax, has a set that his father in law put on shortly before his license was taken away, then dad bought it from him. So they've only got about 5 or 7k miles on them. Great tire, they lasted a long time for a non-highway tire. We will just keep buying them because, well, they work.

EDIT: Scratch that, just realized you're wondering about the MT2 and not the AT2, and we only have experience with the AT2's. My bad.

nobody

WKR
How do the AT2 perform off road in the mud? I know they are not a MT
My first set back in 2019 was a set of Dynapro AT RF10's on a lifted F150 and they sucked. They had about 50% tread left when I got the pickup and they packed so full of mud it was dangerous. However, they updated the tread compound and modified the pattern slightly with the RF11's and we haven't had the issues, they sling mud like its their job. That's what I've got on my current pickup, and dad has the same. Granted we aren't "muddin" per se, but no issues on muddy roads. All the roads around here are red clay mud (Central Utah), so it's not just dirt. You'll clean that stuff out of your undercarriage for 6 months after a muddy hunt.

Current production model for the Dynapro AT's is the RF12 and it looks like they've just made the tread slightly more aggressive relative to the RF11, otherwise it looks to be pretty much the exact same tire.

FWIW, the worst mud packing tires I've ever seen were Toyo All Terrains that a guy I used to hunt with had on his 4 door Jeep. We hunted Colorado 3rd season last year, him with his dad and me with mine. My dad and I were in my Dad's 4 door Rubicon with BFG mudders and had no issues going down the slick, muddy, nasty roads. The guy we were hunting with may as well have been on racing slicks, and the tread never did clean out until we went down the pavement. We would just watch him struggle in the rear view mirror as he tried to traverse ruts and get running starts at steep spots in the trail and control his descents. It was downright dangerous, and it turned me off those Toyos for sure.