Anybody running a Enlightened Equipment Prodigy quilt???

brewer427

WKR
Was taking a look at the 20 degree bag and was wondering if anyone had one and what your thoughts were...

gmajor

WKR
I have one. I wanted lightweight and synthetic and the prodigy was a natural choice. It's all I've used for the past year. Only time I got cold was when I was sleeping out in the open, and the wind came howling down from the pass, and I hadn't cinched/tucked it in around me. So obviously I can't fault the quilt for that. I've had it out on much colder nights and been completely warm down to 17 degrees wearing my wool baselayers and beanie. Haven't had it colder than that.

Throc

Lil-Rokslider
I have one but haven't really had a chance to put it to the test yet. It's definitely warm. Warmer than my old REI 15 degree bag which is fine down to around 20.

Hardway

FNG
Worked great last year. Got into the upper 20"s and wet at 10,000 ft. Was almost to warm with a wild things windpro hoody. Used an xlite full size matress. Love. It

Lil-Rokslider
For those that have one of theses quilts, how do they breath? I was wondering about the breathing part since the material weight is 10D on the inside and 20D on the outside. Is the material silnylon? I couldn't find it on there website. I am wondering about a condensation issue. Thanks in advance.

bowhunter15

Lil-Rokslider
I'll be watching this thread. Been looking at their quilts since their store is only a couple hours away.

EE Fabric

For those that have one of theses quilts, how do they breath? I was wondering about the breathing part since the material weight is 10D on the inside and 20D on the outside. Is the material silnylon? I couldn't find it on there website. I am wondering about a condensation issue. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I work for EE and the 20D fabric does not breath as well as the 10D fabric and some customers have said is a bit stuffy but it still does breath. The only thing we use silnylon for is our stuff sacks. Hope this help!

Longbow42

FNG
I just ordered the EE down 20 degree quilt for my BC goat hunt. I hated my bag, too constrictive for a tall guy.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I reviewed the Prodigy, and it is my go-to sleep system insulator.
It is extremely versatile, light, and only sacrifices a bit of compressibility to down.

I haven't experienced breathability issues with it, and synthetic insulation is nice insurance when wet conditions are possible.

Get one. Great product at a great price point.

Here is my review:

http://www.rokslide.com/2012-01-09-...ghtened-equipment-quilts-synthetic-insulation

bbrown

WKR
I have been running my 40* Prodigy for all my spring, summer and early fall trips. Kept me cozy to around freezing or slightly below. Have a Marmot Cloudbreak 30* bag that I really liked but it has not left the closet since I got the Prodigy. Got the long wide version so I could double up with my Marmot Sawtooth 15* bag if the temps where really going to dip but still only weighs 1lb 7 ozs and like the extra material for the rest of the year since I toss and turn too much.

The only moisture issues I have experienced is from the TiGoat bivy I run but that only happens in really wet/humid conditions. It dried out quickly and even when damp (or wet) in places and I stayed warm.