Anybody here prefer the linear draw to angular?

cck311

FNG
It seems like linear draw folks are in the minority around here. Seems to work for the Koreans though.

nevadabugle

WKR
Classified Approved
Either can work. I shot linear for better than a decade. I've been shooting rotational for the last 5 or 6 years.

I do agree that rotational is better for your shoulder and longevity in the sport.

SliverShooter

Lil-Rokslider
My recommendation is to watch some Tom Clum videos or take his online video class regarding the the rotational draw.
I shot linear for over 30 years, switched to rotational after developing shoulder problems and watching some Tom Clum videos. After using the rotational draw for three months the draw shoulder problem went away. Also had issues with the left shoulder, changed it’s position when drawing and shooting after talking with Tom, that problem went away after six months.

Beendare

WKR
I don't know how to describe what I do....Rotational or swing draw is probably accurate.

When I was leaning my draw shoulder forward.....and drawing straight back...it was impinging my rotator cuff.

If I keep my shoulders square and do more of a rotation using my back with little tension in my forearm, my shoulder doesn't hurt.Its like Arne Moe recommends on his vids but make sure your shoulder are back/square.