Any new players in ultralight scope world?

Blue72

WKR
lmao how many sheep hunts have you been on or actual mountain hunts?
I'm guessing by your username thats your birth date and well you live in long island so im gonna probably say none? i mean yea with your nikon spotter id imagine youd have to be fairly close to count anything with it....
and 57 lbs for a 14 day fly in hunt. (no guides packing your shit) is light. if you cant huff that weight youd be really ****** coming out with a ram
So tell me how many yards you can effectively count rings?

Your criticizing people’s gear and you don’t even carry yours on long treks?

madcalfe

WKR
So tell me how many yards you can effectively count rings?

Your criticizing people’s gear and you don’t even carry yours on long treks?
you think just because its a fly in hunt your automatically just at the sheep.... lol that comment right there tells me you haven't been on a sheep hunt.. I also do hike in's from the highway as well. but like I said earlier, you do you.

Blue72

WKR
you think just because its a fly in hunt your automatically just at the sheep.... lol that comment right there tells me you haven't been on a sheep hunt.. I also do hike in's from the highway as well. but like I said earlier, you do you.
How many yards can you effectively count rings ?

how many miles do you walk straight with that pack? Do you think you can keep up with others who pack much lighter for miles on end?

BBob

WKR
C'mon man! Dontcha know them 22yo got it all figured out and know damn well more than anyone with real experience??? ;)

amassi

WKR
The pavlonian Leupold response never fails

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

WRM

WKR
The pavlonian Leupold response never fails

Is that a country? Oh..... you meant Pavlovian. Yeah, Leupold is a Pavlovian response about scopes. Not like Nightforce at all! Now, that's Pavlovian.

amassi

WKR
It's always the same poop posters- they must log in every day and search for leupold or leupy so they can weigh in their expert advice

I have a handful of what I would consider UL wt. rifles and all but one wear light wt. Leupold glass (the Fieldcraft has a Swaro z3). I’ve had great luck with Leupold scopes thus far, and the only issue I’ve ever had was a very “stiff” variable dial, which I sent back to Leupold and they fixed. So, that said, all my Leupold UL scopes are VX-2’s with the CDS elevation turret, and they’ve all performed flawlessly. I’ve never killed anything beyond about 250 yards with any of these rifles, but I’ve killed both sheep and goats with all of them, and my 15 y/o son killed his first Dall at 633 yards, using my .270 win., with a 9 oz., 3-9x33 VX-2 w/CDS. I have no doubt that luck played a part in that shot, but I also know that it wasn’t all luck. Anyway, that’s my .02 as far as light wt. scopes go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love it..
Another dude bro from back east telling us how to hunt out west🤣🤣
My first trip I took in HS was 70 miles to mt Adams ( then we climbed it) with 70 lbs of gear.
Luckily I saved 6 oz by going commando for 7 days..
I'm not a leupold basher I actually love the mk5 line, but I've had tracking issues with three VX models so for my style of LR hunting I refuse to use them.

OP
D
So helpful to the original inquiry of light scope mfrs (with NO mention of sheep hunting or any other application).
:) Thanks. Next time if I have question I’ll write all needs/requirements/details etc

In my original post I only ask for LW scopes on market. Since I need one to put on my sub-custom build by Oregun, using howa mini in 6.5 grendel, 16” inch barrel, replace fanky plastic bottom metal with aluminum floor plate and their 16oz stock. Intentional use blacktail deer in timber, coyote. Longest shooting distance 250-300 yards, but I never killed deer farther that 70 yards on west side.

freddyG

WKR
There aren’t any lightweight dead reliable scopes. You either choose to go light and risk it, or pay the weight penalty and get a rugged scope.
Most guys don’t put many rounds through these lighter scopes to have problems. Once you start putting some use on them (1k+ rounds), I guarantee you there will be problems. The problems almost always show up when there is a trophy animal in the crosshairs. I think they call it Murphy’s Law.

Blue72

WKR
I love it..
Another dude bro from back east telling us how to hunt out west🤣🤣
My first trip I took in HS was 70 miles to mt Adams ( then we climbed it) with 70 lbs of gear.
Luckily I saved 6 oz by going commando for 7 days..
I'm not a leupold basher I actually love the mk5 line, but I've had tracking issues with three VX models so for my style of LR hunting I refuse to use them.
says the guy that iron sights are faster

OP
D
There aren’t any lightweight dead reliable scopes. You either choose to go light and risk it, or pay the weight penalty and get a rugged scope.
Most guys don’t put many rounds through these lighter scopes to have problems. Once you start putting some use on them (1k+ rounds), I guarantee you there will be problems. The problems almost always show up when there is a trophy animal in the crosshairs. I think they call it Murphy’s Law.
I don’t disagree, scopes can fail anytime. My decisions to pick vortex lh hd 1.5-8, im sure scope can hold up 6.5 grendel. I have strike eagle on cheap ar, it been used and abused and never failed me. Modern scopes holding up really well with light kicking calibers. With magnums or supermagnums story changed scopes started failing VX5 was replace by Razor then Razor replaced by Bushnell DMR. Now while waiting for rebarrel, I’m looking towards ZC or Nightforce.

amassi

WKR
giphy.gif

sneaky

"DADDY"
You don’t have to cheap out. You can get rugged trijicons that only weigh 1 ounce that are more durable then many scopes out there

granted, you might not use them on goats. But, like many said, they don’t need a lot of magnification for the hunting they do

Plus 32 ounces is a lot. I’m sure there are plenty of other durable options avaible to save a few ounces. Heck, my Nikon ed50 spotting scope is a full pound lighter then your rifle scope
You gonna post your full kit list or keep talking about this DCF pillow case full of dehydrated water and unicorn jerky you have boiled it all down to? I think it's funny you're extolling the virtues of a 3moa red dot on a bolt gun. You come to the table with a consistent 1/4moa red dot and you'll be onto something. Until then, you're just bragging about hiking around in a loin cloth with a shotgun pattern sized red dot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk