Any Must Buy Tripod Deals for the Holiday?

SloppyJ

WKR
So I'm in the market for a tripod. I have no experience with one other than the bog I have that my son uses out of the blind.

I see leofoto, tricer, and slik all have decent looking deals going on.

I want one for glassing and shooting off of and I'm in over my head on what I should get with all of the options. Obviously I'll pack it in and out so weight is a concern. I'll be using binos and a spotter off of it and I THINK I want it to be able to let me stand up while glassing. I'd also love it to not be RRS prices. Just looking for a solid entry to mid tier setup.

Any recommendations are more than welcome. I'll continue to watch videos and try to figure out what I need in the mean time.

ibefshn

FNG
So I'm in the market for a tripod. I have no experience with one other than the bog I have that my son uses out of the blind.

I see leofoto, tricer, and slik all have decent looking deals going on.

I want one for glassing and shooting off of and I'm in over my head on what I should get with all of the options. Obviously I'll pack it in and out so weight is a concern. I'll be using binos and a spotter off of it and I THINK I want it to be able to let me stand up while glassing. I'd also love it to not be RRS prices. Just looking for a solid entry to mid tier setup.

Any recommendations are more than welcome. I'll continue to watch videos and try to figure out what I need in the mean time.
First season on Tricer and love it. My vote goes to tricer.

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
Everyone recommending the Tricer... what head are you using to shoot off of? Doesn't seem like their light weight pan option would be very good.

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
Well I stole the idea from @eric1115. I ordered the 324CEX, the Leofoto LC-60 arca clamp, and the small rig fluid head. I picked up some random bino mount on amazon for my gen 2 kilo10ks. This whole kit turned out better than I was hoping for. It might be just a tad shy of being tall enough glassing with binos depending on the terrain but we will see. I'm 6'2" and I knew it'd be close.

Shooting off of the level head and the arca clamp is going to be a game changer. The binos on the fluid head are super nice too. The PA 1x6 had to make due until my NX8 comes in tomorrow.

I only have one complaint and it's the odd angle, or lack there of, on the fluid head handle. Now I'm a tripod newbie so maybe I'm doing it wrong and should turn it one way or the other but when looking through binos, it just doesn't feel even close to natural. I'll get that sorted out.

This whole package was less than $400 and I'm not sure there's a better deal out there.

1000004547.jpg1000004549.jpg1000004551.jpg

Last edited:

eric1115

WKR
I cut it down and wrapped it with hockey tape, and flipped it around to go in front. Much better (for me).

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
25% off coupon out there for leofoto. Posted it the other day. I go the inverted leg model and love it.

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
I cut it down and wrapped it with hockey tape, and flipped it around to go in front. Much better (for me).
Thank you, I'll try that. Wouldn't mind bending it out to a 45 to try that too. I saw there are some threaded inserts for accessories to mount to the tripod. Need to explore those. Wouldn't mind some sort of mount for a wind meter.

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
25% off coupon out there for leofoto. Posted it the other day. I go the inverted leg model and love it.
50% off on ebay. Not sure if they're getting rid of this line of tripods or not but this was right at 200 shipped.