Any Honda generator experts Here?!??

Hat745

FNG
Hi Guys, hopefully this isn't too off topic, I posted this question over on Do it yourself forum, but its deader than a doornail, Anyway, I have a EB5000 Honda generator that I picked up for a song at a swap meet. The GX340 engine had a broken rocker arm stud and worn push rod guide, which I fixed and the engine runs great, but the generator doesn't produce power. I was told by the original owner that it was producing power just fine before the engine quit and he seemed fairly honest about it.
The generator portion is a Sawafuji and has a model number of B 50 and no. A LL 6601 stamped beneath the model number as well. The control panel is also a Sawafuji and it is also a B 50 Model with a no. A LL 5798 beneath that. It has a frame number of EA7-3152768 and the engine number is GC05-3045988.
I pulled the generator cover off and blew the dust out of the windings and they all look good -nothing burned up in there. I pulled the control panel apart and there is nothing obviously wrong in there either. When I run the generator and check it with my dvm it shows it producing .2 VAC on the hot legs with the breaker on and 0 VAC with it off. Honda isn't very forth coming with its schematics or service manuals, I do have an owners manual but that doesn't help much.
Thanks for your help