Any guides in Elk City unit (Gospel hump wilderness)

jpkoepse

FNG
Hey,

Hunted black bear in and around this unit the past two years. Got my first rifle elk tag for 2023 and wanted to up my odds and learn from a person who knows the area well. I prefer to backpack hunt.

Any guides or outfitters on here that are familiar with this area? I'm looking around unit 14 around the gospel hump wilderness.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

It’s cool country! I’ve never elk hunted in there but have spent a lot of time backpacking in there in the summer and whitetail hunting on the west end of it.

You got my tag (that’s a joke in jest). When my number was called last week it was gone. I had a list of 3 elk areas and all gone by the time it was my turn.

Best of luck. Keep us posted how ya end up next fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
jpkoepse

jpkoepse

FNG
It’s cool country! I’ve never elk hunted in there but have spent a lot of time backpacking in there in the summer and whitetail hunting on the west end of it.
It sure is! Gorgeous. I have hunted the bottom west portion for bear and saw more people than I'd have liked and no animals... I've got a slightly different idea in mind this go round

OP
jpkoepse

jpkoepse

FNG
You got my tag (that’s a joke in jest). When my number was called last week it was gone. I had a list of 3 elk areas and all gone by the time it was my turn.

Best of luck. Keep us posted how ya end up next fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha yea that's tough.

I grabbed that same tag for this season. Don't worry, I'm definitely not a threat.
But I will stick around and see what others have to say.
Best of luck this fall!

I got this tag on the returned list, It will be my first go in this unit, looking forward to the adventure.