Any experience with Leofoto MH heads

sglass

FNG
Does anyone have experience with the Leofoto MH (Magic Head) series of heads? I am thinking of paring it with my Leofoto LS364C (ranger series). Looks promising but have not talked to anyone who has used one and there is very limited information about them being used for Long range shooting/hunting online even though I have seen lots being used at competitions (online not in person or I would have asked the user about it).

Thanks

OP
S

sglass

FNG
Awesome. I will look into them as well. Definitely will be doing shooting off of the setup. Thanks!

Get the real deal RRS ball head. They're more expensive but Leofoto just straight takes the designs from RRS without a care in the world.

Reviving this thread because I just got a MH-50 to possibly use for both photography and hunting. The single large (and extendable) handle for both ball lock and tension feels more intuitive to me versus the typical ballhead. I look at the MA-30 and similar designed heads, and seems like the benefit would be stack height and less range of motion perhaps? Levers versus knob as well, but can swap out the MH-50 locking clamp to a lever version like the LSC-50 which supports arca and pic. Anything else I'm missing?

Last edited: