Any College wrestling fans as we head into the post season?

kfili

Lil-Rokslider
ESPN blew this by having Cormier commentate. No good doing it in the UFC, even worse w college wrestling.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
Still better than JB as a commentator. I love JB but can't believe how often he talks about himself and not in the context of the match that's going on.

kravguy

WKR
Still better than JB as a commentator. I love JB but can't believe how often he talks about himself and not in the context of the match that's going on.
It should be the usual guys. They earned it by doing it all season

TheHammer

WKR
Glad I got 133 right, I don’t think fox can be too satisfied with that win, that was a mess and I’m excited for Gomez. 125 what a circus.

KurtR

WKR
ESPN blew this by having Cormier commentate. No good doing it in the UFC, even worse w college wrestling.

I like dc he brings some excitement and personality to it. Wish chael wash with them

LostArra

WKR
Shane Sparks is the real deal.
Did you hear him ask Robles if he wanted some goldfish crackers?
Robles: "no, I'm good" Ha!
I think it was a hot mic between matches on the espn+ multiple mat view.

Cormier had some really good insight on the effects of the transfer portal but they were ignoring the semifinal matches going on.
I sat next to him on a flight from OKC to Phoenix in 2004. He was heading to the Training Center in Tempe. He was on the Olympic team (Athens) and when he found out I wrestled in college he talked the entire flight. He told me Mark Branch was going to take the job at my alma mater (Wyo). Smart and entertaining guy.

OP
J
First time I was able to log in and watch Medal matches. ESPN+ coverage was schit. Or I am too technically challenged to watch all mats on a quad screen. I was thrilled to be able to watch and didn't chance messing with things.

TYLER KASAK....yea....I admitted right off I am a huge PSU homer. What a run. I cannot believe he cookout Lovett 10-1. And Jackson Arrington.

Now both Kasak and SVN at 149, both 3rd place AAs at the same weight.

Hendrickson put up a ton of points as a Big Fella. Impressive.

Idaboy

WKR
There's gonna be some Smokin finals....125, 133, 141, 149.....Austin Gomez is on a role
.....how about the MN kid at 141?!......26th seed and now an all-american, that's the lowest seed I've ever seen place.....this Sat am wrestleback and medal round session is gotta be the most mentally grueling for these guys....great competition

LostArra

WKR
.....how about the MN kid at 141?!......26th seed and now an all-american, that's the lowest seed I've ever seen place.....

Not exactly the same but the current Wyoming head coach, Mark Branch has an interesting history. As a freshman at Ok State he made it to the NCAA tournament with a losing record, was unseeded and won the championship. His weight class included a future Olympic champ.

I'm looking forward to the finals tonight! Had fun watching our local kids grind! Swiderski finished with a 7th place for his first AA and I said going into the 125 bracket that Davis could win it all or not place! Kinda sucks it wasn't a 1st place, but he'll keep getting better!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

kravguy

WKR
First time I was able to log in and watch Medal matches. ESPN+ coverage was schit. Or I am too technically challenged to watch all mats on a quad screen. I was thrilled to be able to watch and didn't chance messing with things.

TYLER KASAK....yea....I admitted right off I am a huge PSU homer. What a run. I cannot believe he cookout Lovett 10-1. And Jackson Arrington.

Now both Kasak and SVN at 149, both 3rd place AAs at the same weight.

Hendrickson put up a ton of points as a Big Fella. Impressive.

I believe Kasak was brought in as a 141 guy, at least for a yr or 2 depending on how he grows. Kasak at 141, SVN at 149, Levi at 57, Mitchy at 65 is fire....

I feel like some of these roll thrus on takedown need a one point score for the offensive guy. It seems like Vito controlled that match, but just couldn't put it away.

Feel the same way watching a bunch of the placement matches!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
Refs really messed up the flo of Vito- Fix.
Blood didn't help but I think John Smith messes up the flow of many matches and I live in Oklahoma and usually pull for the Cowboys. I hope he steps down and lets Coleman Scott take over

TheHammer

WKR
Gomez is gonna beat himself up over that one for the rest of his life. Took chances he didn’t need to take. Man hats off to Henson. That chin drop was the most beautiful thing I’ve seen in this tournament!

kravguy

WKR
Blood didn't help but I think John Smith messes up the flow of many matches and I live in Oklahoma and usually pull for the Cowboys. I hope he steps down and lets Coleman Scott take over
Fix did it too, looking for ways to get blood time. Drives me crazy when kids do that. If its a legit cut its one thing. If you are poking and prodding trying to find blood to show the ref is another.