Any College wrestling fans as we head into the post season?

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider

Sent from my moto g power 5G - 2023 using Tapatalk
I thought Vito was going to win this round but I got real nervous when Crookham scored his takedown. That was so slick and fast. Bummer but that’s the joys of wrestling. Whenever you are on top you are motivating everyone to come knock you off. It’s what makes streaks so impressive. Everyone has your picture in their mind to keep them training harder and as the top dog you have to find different motivation.

LostArra

WKR
Crookham was even more impressive in this second matchup.
Bad news for Fix if the seeding is Crookham-Fix-Vito. Which it probably should be.

Vito did not look to have the confidence he had last year in the NCAA tournament. Does he have trouble making that weight?

LostArra

WKR
Fix will be the one seed.
Maybe but if Crookham was ranked#1 going into the conference tournament he shouldn't drop after beating Vito again while Fix beat a freshman from Iowa St. Fix can struggle with long lanky guys that are quick (Vito).
That weight class is just tough. The Big 10 finalists both looked good too.

Seeding is important but the eventual champion is going to have to win some rough matches before the final.

Last edited:

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
I tried watching the ACC championships last night and was hoping VT could have won. I must admit that it was just about the most boring thing I have ever tried to watch. Do they ever actually pin an opponent any more?

jmez

WKR
Flo rankings don't decide the seeding. Fix will be #1.

OP
J
I was able to watch a fair amount of Big 10. Not sure of too many upsets. My college room mate has trained Jesse Mendez from 7yo all the way through HS. I was glad to see him bump off Beau "Boring" Bartlett.

Aaron stated he didn't feel well last meeting with Glazier (5-1 maybe??). He really put out for the homecrowd. I forgot he was a Maryland native. It showed.

Little Braeden had himself a tournament.

I was able to watch with non wrestling people. They were soooo captivated by the post match interviews. We couldn't stop laughing. They're so cringy.....save Ridge "Showtime" Lovett. Wants to know which camera to look at.....he's a Pro.

I have a ton of replays to watch this week.

I see Yonger took out Wyatt. Yonger vs Kerk at NCAAs could be spicy. Kerk get a takedown and smothers for 2 minutes. I was glad he dinged for Stalling. It's earned.

RE: Crookham. Should get the 1 seed based on ranked opponents and difficulty of competition?

The VT kid Henson I had penciled in to maybe be the Champ at 149. He wresltes HARD for 7. Arrington got a great win there.

LostArra

WKR
If Bartlett wore any singlet other than Penn St he would have received at least two stall calls in the final.

I watched all of the Big 12 finals. Except for 165 and 184 they will struggle to have any finalists.

After watching Aaron Brooks in the Big 10 final I can understand why Ferrari made no effort to compete this season. I just wonder if Iowa will tolerate him especially after he punched Glazier

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
I’m pretty sure Ferrari is done with college. The youngest brother coming up now seems to be a lot less dramatic. I think the fact that Iowa was entertaining AJ shows how desperate they are to get back to the top. Either that or they were using him to secure Angelo’s commitment. Otherwise I don’t think Aj is worth the headaches.

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
If Bartlett wore any singlet other than Penn St he would have received at least two stall calls in the final.

I watched all of the Big 12 finals. Except for 165 and 184 they will struggle to have any finalists.

After watching Aaron Brooks in the Big 10 final I can understand why Ferrari made no effort to compete this season. I just wonder if Iowa will tolerate him especially after he punched Glazier
I agree with Brooks being a reason as well

OP
J
I heard that middle Ferrari was hired as private coach in Florida a few weeks ago and thugged/robbed his benefactor?

I don't think AJ bailed out for any Brooks reason....think he was just a big enough POS nobody wanted to deal with him....regardless of the Juice.

Flo is coming out with a documentary on DeSanto. Some of the teaser clips are really intersting.

Per Terry "What you saw was the result of a LOT of work.....A LOT".

Think Bartlett did get one Stall warning? But I would agree. As much as I love PSU and my dude Levi....

Penn State has gotten some CALLS this year. Wow! It's bad.

How bad was Carr vs O'toole for anyone that watched? Keegan really handle him? That rivally all but over?

Elmer J. Fudd

Lil-Rokslider
It did. That match was nuts. Crazy swings in it. Hamiti looked like he may have had a limp when he was walking off. Hopefully he’s good to go for NCAA’s. That weight class is going to be a blast to watch.

LostArra

WKR
Bastida will make Finals at HWT. I got 5 on it
Possible

Messenbrink vs Hamiti a Must Watch if it hits YouTube today
I saw it during broadcast. Entertaining match and could easily go the other way next time.

How bad was Carr vs O'toole for anyone that watched? Keegan really handle him? That rivally all but over?

I got the impression that Carr and O'Toole both knew who was going to win.
Carr made a nice move close to the end but couldn't finish.
O'Toole had an answer for everything.

Lee and DeSanto must be good friends. Watching DeSanto over the years, I wouldn't get near him with any weapon in his hand.

jmez

WKR
Who gets number one seed at 141? Bartlett and Menendez are 1-1. Menendez has 2 losses on the season so will have to be Bartlett I would think. They have both beat Woods.

OP
J
RE; De Santo......I am sure I will burn in hell for laughing at him. But I LOVED the melt downs. My wife even knows who he is. "Is that DeSanto throwing a fit"?

I don't recall the match. But he was getting beat in one match and may have gotten injured. Was in tears....shouting right at Terry "I CAN'T". Was easy to read his lips. I didn't really see any injury. He just melted down and was defeated- Spiritually or whatever.

But I think that's a safe call. Pass on training with the Numb Chucks

jmez

WKR
O'Toole just at another level. I think it will be him and Messenbrink in the finals. Mitchell's pace won't be enough in that one.