Anti-hunting Hunters - Article by Fred Eichler

Grundy53

WKR
The pandemic was pretty great for conservation dollars with license tags and what not but it was pretty awful for long term optics to the pursuit of hunting.

I talked to a lot of excitable new hunters several years ago and they were all on the same train -

Fear of food scarcity + boredom+ Meateater / Steve Rinella and that one guy I cannot seem to remember his name from Meateater that was let go. He had a terrible show where he basically had an emotional crisis every time he talked about hunting. They all went out and bought a basic Savage Rifle kit or a basic Compound bow off the rack at Cabelas. They all sighted in the weekend before season started and they all hunted one season.

Now we have people who were adult onset hunters who have not killed a single thing who have strong opinions and think they have the moral authority because they are parroting what they hear on podcasts.

We have always had this problem though. Growing up Upland guys always had strong opinion on Duck hunters and Deer hunters always had strong opinions on lion/bear hunters and so forth and so forth. Its a bit more militant now that there internet is around but just go to any forum including this one and you see an insanely short sighted and stupid mindset.

There are a lot of things that hunters do that I don't do and some things I even have an ethical issue with but I am still going to die on the hill defending their right to do it. Unfortunately we are rather inundated with hunters who ignorantly believe that removing resources and opportunities for others somehow increases it for them.
Ben O'brien?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Great article from Fred Eichler that is worth a read if you are passionate about hunting now and in the future.

Now is the time to unite as a hunting community. Just because I don't hunt mountain lions and never plan to, doesn't mean I won't fight the ballot initiative in Colorado. As hunters we must advocate for all legal methods of hunting, fishing and trapping no matter our own personal interests.
I agree.