Antelope meat?

Bcleck90

WKR
Beef is for burgers/steak and Antelope/Deer is for everything else. Try it..I’m sure it’ll be decent but give me beef for burgers/steak.

Made straight antelope burgers on a griddle with just some montreal steak seasoning. Had to use the griddle as it crumbles pretty easy while cooking. The wife and I loved it. Dont overcook it, its pretty lean.

WI Shedhead

Lil-Rokslider
We had about 8# of scraps to do somthing with from my daughters lope. Probably gonna double grind it straight up and use it like we do whitetails the meat has excellent flavor. This weekend I pellet grill smoked her goats hindquarter bone in. Bout 4 hours at 180 degrees. Had it aging in the fridge for a week, Did mustard rub, liberal seasoning. Made deep cuts and put whole garlic cloves in them. Peach slices from the e tree out back and 6 strips of van on on top it turned out incredible. Fed 11 guests they all loved it. 5 had never tried antelope. They all told my daughter she needs to go get another one!!!!

pertnear

FNG
Like any meat that has no fat you need to add some. I save the trim off my briskets & chop it up small & grind the pieces frozen in with antelope meat for hamburgers.

I don't get an importunity too often to hunt antelope but the few I've shot in the past I processed & we cooked the meat just like venison. Made hamburger for chili, made sausage (fresh & dried), bacon wrapped backstrap & chicken fried steaks. I bbq'd the ribs from the last antelope & my guests said it was the best meat they ever had!

Jmoore

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll grind it for both burger/sausage and a little more coarse for chili but run about 10% or tallow for a binder.

TurkeyReaper69

Lil-Rokslider
As others have said, if making burgers, meatballs, or any other ground goat that you want to maintain form. You'll want to add some sort of beef, pork fat, or peanut oil to give some fattiness to bind.

I've only got one antelope under my belt which I took last year, and I ground the entire animal other than the inside tenderloins. I liked making enchiladas, sloppy joe, and other things that just required loose ground meat with it.

Drew another antelope tag this year, hoping to experiment more with it this year.

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
The wife prefers pronghorn steak over all other game, but doesn't like the burger. I didn't think she could actually tell but the night I made spaghetti and she took one bite and asked why I used antelope instead of elk I knew it wasn't in her head. Personally I can't tell the difference between pronghorn/elk/WT/MD burger...its all delicious.

Now I save up all the pronghorn grind and make breakfast sausage with it. Heavily seasoned enough that the wife likes it and I don't have to buy breakfast meat. win/win for everyone.

cfounta1

FNG
Excellent. I added some bacon with it to add some fat for burgers. I did use just the ground antelope for tacos and spaghetti sauce without fat added

pertnear

FNG
I have a good friend that he & his wife both hunt antelope every season. They make jerky out of all the meat. I must admit, whatever their seasoning is, it tastes pretty good!

Macintosh

WKR
Add some fat becasue its lean. Good friends grow pasture-raised pork, so we get back fat from them and add 15-20% fat by weight. I've used bacon before and it works great, but I find it just tastes like bacon then...I'd prefer to taste the antelope meat. The meat is delicious, some of my favorite game meat IF you get it cooled quickly.

TxLite

WKR
I made burgers with ours last year. I mixed it with a brisket I had in the freezer. It turned out fantastic.

Boone-In-Wall

Lil-Rokslider
I was surprised at how good Antelope meat was. The guy I hunted with said it was very important to get the hide off very quickly or it would effect the meat. We had it quartered out in 30 min. We ate every ounce. My favorite thing was the burger I made. First time doing a grind. I was able to get my hands on some ribeye fat and mixed it in at 20%. We made smash burgers and my entire family loved it. We called them the "gold bars" in the freezer. We were sad when it was gone.

TaperPin

WKR
Anybody ever make antelope hamburger??
As soon I’m home, I’ll debone it and have it all ground without added fat. I don’t really like antelope, but it makes good jerky (other than an antelope-smelling burp).