Answer me this....

cmeier117

WKR
So I was looking at some clothing from Arc'teryx. Man they are spendy, but I noticed they had a few "hybrid jackets" made out of soft shell and water proof laminate 3 layer goretex. I am assuming the goretex is in areas that get more punishment from the weather like the shoulders, elbows, hood etc... I am curious if Jason at Kuiu has plans or has thought about making a Guide hybrid jacket or sorts? I remember reading a post of his and he commented and said that a laminate on a soft shell is useless, but I remember Arc'teryx having some laminated softshells too that are quiet but water proof? Just curious what you guys think of the hybrid design and a laminated softshell?

Lawnboi

WKR
I wouldnt be interested. Iv already got a hardshell in the pack. And if weather warrants extreme wind or water resistance id end up putting my hardshell on anyways.

For most warm times i never even take a softshell. The only time ill ever take one is when its cold enough to hike with it on. Otherwise if im just glassing i always have my hardshell and puffy layer.