Another year, another boot, another leaker.

gearguywb

WKR
It’s a bit like rolling the dice for waterproof boots.

My Crispi’s have went through two Alaska hunts without leaking. My wife’s Kenetreks have done fine. Our guides K’s leaked badly

Poser

WKR
I'm not familiar with Crispi's line. Are these 2 ply softer leather or 3 ply? I find my softer leather, 2 ply boots to be more preferable for comfort, but they will wet out in wet vegetation. My 3 ply, stiff leather boots generally will not. In wet vegetation, your moisture can't bead up and roll off which is the process your boots rely on. In that case, they will be prone to wetting out.

Things that will help:

1. Clean your boots diligently every single time you use them
2. Condition and/or apply waterproofing every time your boots get soak and wet

Legend

WKR
Anyone who says no boots are truly waterproof hasen't worn Kenetrek.

I'm not praising Kene's in fact I won't buy another pair. 2 seasons and the sole is worn slick. Seams on the heals are completely busted wide open to the windtex. They are still 100% waterproof and always have been.

I'm sending them in for repair and a resole. They fit me like a glove and I will continue to wear them, but next I might try Schnees Beartooths, I've seem them go more than 2 seasons without needing a resolve and maintain waterproofing.

Waterproof is one of the most important things for me. I detest wet feet.
2 pairs of hardscrabble failed on me. One on my goat hunt and I had gotten used to having toenails.

2 pairs of crispi colorado failed but at least their warranty department was good to work with.

Goretex is not a very strong material and neither is kenetreks version.

grfox92

WKR
2 pairs of hardscrabble failed on me. One on my goat hunt and I had gotten used to having toenails.

2 pairs of crispi colorado failed but at least their warranty department was good to work with.

Goretex is not a very strong material and neither is kenetreks version.
No experience with the hardscrables. Everything could potentially fail, but from what I've seen on the forums over the years it seems Kennetreks would be the least likely.

Like I said, I am going to try something different. The quality just isn't what it used to be.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

fishslap

WKR
FYI, once I’ve had a boot leak for the first time, I’ve had a difficult time re-establishing water proof-ness using conditioner/waterproofer/sealant. It seems to be quite temporary if doing a lot of hiking and encountering wet grass or snow. Just my experience.