Another year, another boot, another leaker.

wapitibob

WKR
I'll hand it to Crispi, they emailed me back in less than an hour with a request to water test so an RA could be generated. Will go thru the process and see how that works out.
Water tested when pulled out of the box, and passed. Crispi cream applied, worn less than 25 miles but pretty rough rocky AZ country. First rain and wet grass, socks and feet were wet from the toe box back to the arch. I actually thought these might make it to the 50 mile mark, but no.

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0812.jpg

IMG_0813.jpg

P Carter

WKR
it seems to me that, without a full rubber boot, the search for true waterproofing is a hopeless one. Kinda like waterproof breathable rain gear. May as well embrace the fact of wet feet and go for quick-drying, yes? Esp. in Arizona. Just a thought - I obviously don’t have a dog in the fight.

OP
W

wapitibob

WKR
"... socks and feet were wet from the toe box back to the arch."

Gaiter and the dry, back half of the boot in the pics.

My crispi nevadas are going on year 3 and still fully waterproof. The full leather boots are heavier and less breathable on the summer scouting trips but I’ll take the trade off for dry feet on hunts.

It took 3 pairs (different models than yours) for me to get ones that didn’t leak/rand separate but Crispi gave me no issues and were super helpful. They even let me change models after the first pair.

feanor

WKR
My OG lapponias that are beat down held up just fine this year…and we butchered a bull in a marsh…
QC issues with new stuff I wonder?

Koda_

Lil-Rokslider
If you hike one time thru thorns or trailing blackberries it will ruin the best UL goretex boot. If you hike off trail, get hard leather goretex boots for thorn resistance.
Soft leather is more flexible and comfortable but will only stay waterproof on trails. All that stitching around the high rubber insole is just excessive holes, you want a boot that does better keeping water away from the goretex layer which flexes in a boot and creases and breaks down. Avoid boots with stitches in the body area, especially around flex areas like the toe box. Ive had excellent waterproof luck with Zamberlan Vioz GTX.

I have a pair Salewa Raven 3 GTX that have been really great in the cold/ wet environment. However, after a full day out in calf deep snow with gators, there still is a little moisture in there. So I agree with others saying rubbers. Probably the only way to keep yourself completely dry but then again you deal with sweat... Where I hunt I couldn't use rubber boots. It's a little too side hill/ steep for the boots I've seen.