Another Which Binocular Thread... Around 1k

OP
Coors Man 264

Coors Man 264

Lil-Rokslider
I've heard the Vortex UHD's are quite nice. I also have a pair of 15 SLC's with are excellent glass. You might find either used for around $1000.
I have heard this, that the UHD's and SLC's are quite close in quality.

OP
Coors Man 264

Coors Man 264

Lil-Rokslider
I believe the Razor UHD is a better optic than anything so far discussed in this thread. Optically, It is near alpha quality. I do not believe the build quality is up to par with any of the big 3 alphas. I base this on my own rudimentary testing and other more exhaustive tests reviewed. They are certainly available for around 1K in the used or refurbished market, if you search around.
I have heard the UHD's are really good glass. Might stretch the budget a bit.

OP
Coors Man 264

Coors Man 264

Lil-Rokslider
Between those, Trinovid. I would spend another $200 or so though and look for some lightly used SLC's or Ultravid HD or HD +. That will get you alpha glass for hardly any more money.
Someone needs to explain to me the alpha glass category lol, what qualifies?

I believe Alpha refers to “the big three” aka Leica, zeiss and swarovski. They are all European glass and the top shelf of optics for most peoples eyes. Your looking at mid level optics. And by mid level i mean there like 95% as good as alpha. So your looking at great optics but not the tip of the spear. Hope that helps

OP
Coors Man 264

Coors Man 264

Lil-Rokslider
I believe Alpha refers to “the big three” aka Leica, zeiss and swarovski. They are all European glass and the top shelf of optics for most peoples eyes. Your looking at mid level optics. And by mid level i mean there like 95% as good as alpha. So your looking at great optics but not the tip of the spear. Hope that helps
Appreciate the response. That's what I thought. The higher end products from Leica, Zeiss, and Swarovski.

ZackP

WKR
I have been running the B6 Maven in a 12x50.
Completely satisfied and phenomenal view. My wife has stolen them from me. My next set will be the B6 10’s or 1.2 in a 10. Leica Trinovid and the Meostar are also a joy.

kevin11mee

Lil-Rokslider
I have been running the B6 Maven in a 12x50.
Completely satisfied and phenomenal view. My wife has stolen them from me. My next set will be the B6 10’s or 1.2 in a 10. Leica Trinovid and the Meostar are also a joy.
How do you like the 12’s? You carry on your chest/neck?

ZackP

WKR
How do you like the 12’s? You carry on your chest/neck?

Carry on my chest. I use them handheld without much concern. They’re compact and well thought out for a 12X Bino.

Good harness makes all the difference as well. Every chance I get they’re on a tripod though which is where they really shine.