Annual spring bear coming up ! Montana

Wildatheart

Lil-Rokslider
Headed back up NW of Missoula… anyone else hunting this area this year ? May 6-12 we will camping and hunting … and decent fishing this time or is the run off still too strong ? Any eyes in the field on the green up…? I’ve heard about the late snow

manitou1

WKR
They are in the midst of a blizzarid in some areas right now. Here in Wyoming we are in white-out conditions as I write this. All major highways are shut down and the mountains are getting dumped on. That being said, this time of year and a couple of days of alpine sunshine can make a huge difference in snow levels. It can melt fast with the sun here.
Here in the Bighorns, many years in May the runoff can be pretty bad for fishing, but if you go lower it can be good. I would toss a rod in the truck just in case. You just never know this time of year. Yesterday I was turkey hunting in a T-shirt. Today we have 75 mph winds and 12-18" of snow expected in areas.
Hopefully somebody in the know up there can help you out.

walljust

FNG
Classified Approved
Starting to see a bit of green in some spots I've been within an hour or two of Missoula, it will be a few weeks until it gets good based on the areas I've been to so far.

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
Green up has been slow. But temps have been getting back to normal and forecast looks good through next week. Southern green should start popping at lower elevations. Rivers are a little high, but definitely not blown out.