Ammo sale throttling

OP
Wvroach

Wvroach

WKR
Would you mind posting a link to where you read that it's fake news originating from a single source? I can't find anything that says that.
I found a article on the Washington examiner posted 2 days ago. Every other source seems to confirm it as authentic though.

Including 49 members of the US house in the latest letter to the white house to not go through with this.

Back when he posted it was fake news there were no articles I could find stating that, and also they give no source they just said the white house denies the claims.

OP
Wvroach

Wvroach

WKR
I read it a couple places, including from FPC. I’ve been watching prices and haven’t noticed any changes yet.

I’ve never heard anything corrupt about TTAG, and I agree that NRA is a swamp. In December when I dug into the issue of NRA-ILA being separate, I could not find any basis for it operating separately or independently, and the recent book by Tim Mak indicates that there is no delineation (some don’t like it believe Mak though).

Separate question - is the Winchester M855 materially better than the other M855 options?
The NRA-ila isn't a separate organization, it just functions separately as the legislative arm of the NRA. I no longer donate to them, the thousands of dollars I've put in their pockets and they choose not to take action when more gun control is pushed through. Often times they actually support it.

I choose to donate to GOA now instead, fpc is good as well from what I have seen.

As for the quality difference in m855 I can't say I've noticed a functionality difference between Winchester or federal or pmc I've used. Federal used to be made out of lake city for the m855 as well, I have shot a few thousand rounds of them all without noticable difference in quality.

All federal I get now including ball 5.56 is crimped, I think all the stuff out of lake city now still is as well. So if you reload that is a extra hassle.

I definitely miss the days of 0.20 per round 5.56...

For sure. The NRA loves nothing more than hyping up some fabricated BS to get people worked up into panic-buying mode.

They represent the interests of the industry, not those of actual hunters.

OP
Wvroach

Wvroach

WKR
For sure. The NRA loves nothing more than hyping up some fabricated BS to get people worked up into panic-buying mode.

The 2nd amendment is not about hunting nor has it ever been.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Who said anything about 2A? The point is that NRA isn’t in your side; they’re all about making money for themselves and the industry, and they’re definitely not above manipulating emotions by crying wolf to do it.

Last edited:

What fabricated BS? Did you read that it was fake somewhere? If so, can you post a link?

Have you read any of their material? They’re not exactly a fully-rational actor here; they’re constantly stoking up paranoia and insecurity.
I have because I was a member up until last year when I let it expire. Didn't want to support Wayne's clothing fund anymore.

I could be wrong but I don't think the NRA is the point of origin for this info though. I heard about it from Guns and Gadgets on youtube. He usually has pretty reliable info that's not from the NRA. Now wvroach has posted a link about 49 house members asking the Biden crew to not move forward with it.

I've yet to see anyone post an article saying the info is bogus though. So, its only hearsay at this point. I can't find anything saying it's bogus either.

Should I believe what congress and several gun advocacy groups say or do I take the word of a couple roksliders? Ammo prices aren't coming down for AT LEAST the next couple years so probably wouldn't hurt to grab another case anyhow.

fwafwow

WKR
I’m not basing my belief on posts here or emails from FPC asking for more of my money. And the fact that 49 representatives have signed a letter doesn’t convince me either - they are just politicians who may, or may not, have better information. It reminds me of when so many members of the intelligence community came out publicly with a letter not too long ago. It would be great to see some basis for the original reports.

I’m not suggesting the articles are wrong, as it sounds like something the admin may do - but absent some independent proof - I just don’t believe anything these days. That said, I’m prepared to buy more ammo - but I do that frequently anyway.

EDIT - this sounds like such an old man thing to say

Last edited:
I’m not basing my belief on posts here or emails from FPC asking for more of my money. And the fact that 49 representatives have signed a letter doesn’t convince me either - they are just politicians who may, or may not, have better information. It reminds me of when so many members of the intelligence community came out publicly with a letter not too long ago. It would be great to see some basis for the original reports.

I’m not suggesting the articles are wrong, as it sounds like something the admin may do - but absent some independent proof - I just don’t believe anything these days. That said, I’m prepared to buy more ammo - but I do that frequently anyway.

EDIT - this sounds like such an old man thing to say
Fair point, for sure. Everybody on all sides has their hands out for money. Makes me glad that I saw the writing on the wall in 2018-19, when the RINO's let the Hearing Act die, and stocked up while prices were low.

With that said, I'm still probably gonna grab another case of 5.56.....just in case. Haha

fwafwow

WKR
Per The Reload - “We also saw the White House back off its plan to choke off a significant civilian supply of ammunition commonly used in AR-15s.” No source cited.

hp48gx

FNG
I agree, I've been trying to examine the sources but am unsure. It seems there's a lot out there to get us to panic buy.

49ereric

WKR
Newsweek was not able to independently verify the information in the blog post. Newsweek reached out to White House, The Truth About Guns and the Lake City Army Ammunition Plant for comment.

Quick look and all I read was multiple sites claiming a ban but no link to proof. No proof no ban.
we’ll find out down the road.

You’ve got to be high. Or something.

I hear this out of people at times. And, I’ve always asked for an example of it. I’ve yet to have anyone provide proof of it.

Are you seriously implying that the NRA fabricates the topics it represents to its members?

There would be nothing to report on if dumbassed politicians hadn’t said it first. And, you still feel that way?

Oh for sure; their messaging is the very definition of levelheaded and rational, and they totally don’t ever engage in emotive fearmongering or anything. (y)

Tugboatr

FNG
Can't even buy reloading supplies. I can't find a bonded bullet anywhere

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk