Amazon Carbon Fiber Tipi Poles

OP
ewade07

ewade07

WKR
Was able to get the tent up this weekend. From what I can tell the pole should work just fine. I plan on using them with the Argali 4 person tipi and a SO LBO base tarp base. Two carbon poles for 60$ is less than what other places are charging for one. They will get their true test come March during shed season.

Attachments

• 925F76AC-2807-4A2B-B020-7BE3AD8E8E5A.jpeg
    925F76AC-2807-4A2B-B020-7BE3AD8E8E5A.jpeg
    457 KB · Views: 33

Beendare

WKR
FWIW,
the expanding and contracting in these tipis is significant.…they need a strong pole in my experience…or dont cinch them down tight.

I built mine with 40D and 4 ply seams…and it can bend a 1” aluminum pole.

OP
ewade07

ewade07

WKR
FWIW,
the expanding and contracting in these tipis is significant.…they need a strong pole in my experience…or dont cinch them down tight.

I built mine with 40D and 4 ply seams…and it can bend a 1” aluminum pole.
what exactly do you mean by expanding and contracting? and are you speaking about the Argali tipi tents in particular?

Beendare

WKR
what exactly do you mean by expanding and contracting? and are you speaking about the Argali tipi tents in particular?
All tipis do this. For example, when its cold there is loose fabric. If I cinch my homemade tipi down tight when cold, then heat it up with the stove, it can bend/buckle my center pole with the tension.…and I’m using that strong 1” dia aluminum pole from REI.

Heres mine in Alaska
66537A01-ABBF-4D82-A22C-E0DF3C619FCB.jpeg

Fire_9

WKR
He’s talking about the material. At night the material will go slack for lack of a better term and tighten back up when it warms up. I almost broke the carbon pole in my SO six man because of this.

OP
ewade07

ewade07

WKR
I see what you guys are saying. I have never had a problem with the shrink/expanding of tents, but thanks for the heads up!