Alterra vs game warden lr

Hunter609

WKR
Anyone use both of these? Which do you prefer? Looking for a new tikka stock.

OP
Hunter609

Hunter609

WKR
You can’t get an alterra, and mcmillan dosnt make a tikka inlet in the lr game warden
Alterra is selling them again and unknown munitions is starting to inlet game warden lr for tikkas

6.5x284

WKR
That a lot of good news. Must be recent.

You could say that! This morning the Rem 700 clones opened up for sale but a new model and quite a bit more expensive.

If money isn’t a concern I’d take the Alterra. That slightly offset grip and for whatever reason the comb make it the most comfortable shooting stock I’ve used Id have to say. Trying a Manners PH at the moment, better features for hunting but not as natural comfortable IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bbell12

WKR
Alterra is selling them again and unknown munitions is starting to inlet game warden lr for tikkas
I just looked on the UM site and didn’t see that as an option. How did you find out they were inletting the game warden lr?

SouthPaw

WKR
I just looked on the UM site and didn’t see that as an option. How did you find out they were inletting the game warden lr?
It was mentioned on a recent podcast that UM will be doing full Tikka builds and those stocks are a component option. None of it is on the site yet but I'm sure we'll hear more soon.

OP
Hunter609

Hunter609

WKR
You could say that! This morning the Rem 700 clones opened up for sale but a new model and quite a bit more expensive.

If money isn’t a concern I’d take the Alterra. That slightly offset grip and for whatever reason the comb make it the most comfortable shooting stock I’ve used Id have to say. Trying a Manners PH at the moment, better features for hunting but not as natural comfortable IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The tikka option was $834 shipped, I’m waiting for the price for the game warden

Has anyone on Rokslide ever inletted their own McMillan flat top at home? I've been thinking of giving it a try. I'm thinking its a little more complicated than a wood stock inlet job.

6.5x284

WKR
Has anyone on Rokslide ever inletted their own McMillan flat top at home? I've been thinking of giving it a try. I'm thinking its a little more complicated than a wood stock inlet job.
I haven't but have cut lots of holes and things for rails and other items in carbon or fiberglass stocks. High RPM and light pressure have yielded the best results for me, so definitely different than wood. Have thought the same but always cave and send it in. If you do it, post up a build thread for us nerds to follow along!

SDHNTR

WKR
Do you have access to a milling machine? Or are you going to try to drill and dremel the thing. If you are, don’t.