Alternative to Eddie Bauer Guide Pro Pants

Zions look nice, but I'm not sure how I feel about that buckle that they have on there to go beltless. I always have a gun and belt on. Is the buckle uncomfortable under a belt?

I have the Zions and EB and love both. I’ve had the stitching come out on both after a few seasons of abuse. I either have them sewn back together or use fabric glue. Both have continued to hold up for many, many more seasons.

The belt “buckle” is a non-issue at the waist with a pack on the Zions.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
Another fan of the wranglers here. Use them for work and daily wear. Especially for the price.

Agross

WKR
I have several pairs of the wrangler outdoor pants. Have worn them for years. Then I switched to basically the same pant from Costco but they were Eddie Bauer. They fit a little looser than the wranglers. Just recently I couldn’t find the EB’s at Costco , but they did have some that were called weatherproof vintage. Basically the same pants but a little looser fit yet . I love em. Most comfortable pants I’ve worn. They were only $15. I’ve got a few guys at work hooked on these pants now as well.

knale87

Lil-Rokslider
No experience with the EB pants. What I can add is that the buckle on the zions are a nonissue under an EDC belt while carrying IMO. The quality on the wranglers are definitely not on par with Prana’s quality but the wranglers can not be beat for the price.

Hondo

WKR
Another rec for the OR Ferrosi Pants for a inexpensive pant not designed for hunting. I've experienced multiple failures with the EB Guide Pro, Wrangler and Black Ovis pants. Pranas have held up well for me, but I prefer the fit and function of the Ferrosi Pants. Outdoor Research has an excellent warranty and frequent sales.

3Esski

Lil-Rokslider
I have several pairs of the wrangler outdoor pants. Have worn them for years. Then I switched to basically the same pant from Costco but they were Eddie Bauer. They fit a little looser than the wranglers. Just recently I couldn’t find the EB’s at Costco , but they did have some that were called weatherproof vintage. Basically the same pants but a little looser fit yet . I love em. Most comfortable pants I’ve worn. They were only $15. I’ve got a few guys at work hooked on these pants now as well.
Just got back from a bike ride and the wranglers were dirty so put on the costco pants. For $15 they are great. No thigh pockets but nice stretchy hiking pant. Good deal for sure.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
I live near an EB store and took them there after the 60 day return period. " If your product is deemed defective but has no proof of purchase or was purchased outside of the 60-day return window, you only may exchange or replace it with a similar item at an Eddie Bauer store."
Where are you seeing that? This is what I'm seeing:

What is Eddie Bauer's Guarantee?

If your Eddie Bauer product has a defect in materials or workmanship, you may return it with proof of purchase within 60 days.
Eddie Bauer's customer service department is not able to resolve guarantee claims past 60 days from the date of purchase.
Eddie Bauer's Product Guarantee excludes normal wear and tear and damage caused by misuse or accidents.

fmyth

WKR
Where are you seeing that? This is what I'm seeing:

What is Eddie Bauer's Guarantee?

If your Eddie Bauer product has a defect in materials or workmanship, you may return it with proof of purchase within 60 days.
Eddie Bauer's customer service department is not able to resolve guarantee claims past 60 days from the date of purchase.
Eddie Bauer's Product Guarantee excludes normal wear and tear and damage caused by misuse or accidents.
Screen Shot 2024-06-30 at 7.07.17 AM.png