Alpine Mulies 2023….

Im torn between wanting to struggle it out in the high country or go to a more target rich place with the bow. Cant make up my mind

mikeafeagin22

Lil-Rokslider
Planning on having at least one archery tag in the pocket! Unless there’s a real shocker I’ll have that one for sure. Depends on how the draws all work out for the others but fingers crossed I’ll get my name pulled for at least one more

KLWild

FNG
I am actually super stoked to chase bucks around with stick and string this year. A couple college buddies that got me into it, and finally moved back down roped me in again! We were all pretty firm believers in not having many options in the realm of “high country” bucks in our state, but have since been proved very wrong over the course of last season as we were seeing bucks at 10,000 + feet that seemed to have avoided the gaze of a handful of hunters. This leads me to believe they don’t get messed with in early season as they were hanging out in some of the “picture perfect” stuff you almost have to throw glass on because it just looks too damn good.

We should draw an early season above timberline rifle tag this year. Should be fun. Same unit we normally elk hunt in. Looking forward to it.

OP
ColoradoV

ColoradoV

WKR
Unpopular opinion, I have 0 interest in fuzzy bucks. They look so much cooler all pointy & wore down. I’d rather shoot a doe that time of year given the chance

Well you are in luck! The thing about old Co is the starting date is so late (Sept 2nd) that you only have about a week until they scrape off..

Since it takes guys like me so long to kill 😂🤦🏼‍♂️ = there is a pretty darn good chance it will be hard horned anyway. 2 of my last 4 archery bucks have been hard horned.

Elkrunner

FNG
I have the last few years and plan to again this year. Harvested my buck at 12,400’ last year.

I too will be up chasing velvet with archery tackle. Have gone on a few trips to utah and montana for mule deer with good success, but have been disappointed so far with the lack of response on informaiton from both a CO game warden and local wildlife officer. Might be going in blind and solo this year.

I decided to fully commit to a high country hunt this year assuming i draw. This one will be with a buddy. And im going to commit one week to drive out and scout this go around as i feel that will be game changing. Cant wait