Alpha Burner vs, Vector Turbo

sk1

WKR
I hear that new RKT cam is awesome, I've got the fuel cam on my rampage xt....slightly hard roll over coming to full draw if you ask me. I was told not to draw back on RKT cam bow or i would want to buy it, so i didnt :D

Lawnboi

WKR
The thing i really like about the RKT cam is how it holds at full draw. It seems like at full draw with the fuel or xtr cam that any creep would rip your arm off. The rkt cam holds nice at full draw. The beginning of the draw cycle is a little rougher but overall its pretty good.

To give you a comparison. i feel that my turbo at 73lbs holds better then my AM32 at 60...

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I shoot a Fuel Cam on my target bow and the RKT on my hunting Carbon Matrix. They are really very very similar in the engineering and design. The RKT has a sharper cam, which creates a crisper break over to the valley and gives you a solid wall. The Fuel cam is just slightly less, but the wall is slightly softer. Hoyt just changes the cams ever do slightly as a marketing tool. The XTR were replaced by Fuel and Fuel replaced by RKT, all extremely similar.

Shoot each and the one that feels best to you is the winner. Both are solid bows, but I would think the vector slightly better.

Maxhunter

WKR
I have a 2011 Element and bought a 2012 Turbo. I can shoot both equally well but the RKT cam is leaps and bounds better than the Fuel. Especially if you have to let down. Also it feels like I'm drawing less weight with them.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you are shooting it for hunting do not shoot the Spirals, they are 99.9% for freestyle target archers. IF you have a 29" draw, they pull for 26 and then break over like nothing you have ever felt. You can not creep and 1/8" or you will be letting down as the cam will pull it right out of your hand. The wall is awesome, but it comes at an unforgiving price. I shot them out of my Contender Elite for about a year, when I was shooting good, couldn't miss, but when things were off slightly, it was a tough day of shooting. If your looking for a hunting cam, go with the RKT, it is much more forgiving.

JG358

WKR
If you are shooting it for hunting do not shoot the Spirals, they are 99.9% for freestyle target archers. IF you have a 29" draw, they pull for 26 and then break over like nothing you have ever felt. You can not creep and 1/8" or you will be letting down as the cam will pull it right out of your hand. The wall is awesome, but it comes at an unforgiving price. I shot them out of my Contender Elite for about a year, when I was shooting good, couldn't miss, but when things were off slightly, it was a tough day of shooting. If your looking for a hunting cam, go with the RKT, it is much more forgiving.

I'm just the opposite.... I'd take the Spirals over the RKT everytime. Spirals are a love em or hate em kinda of cam with not very many in between.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
JG is right on the money with the love em or hate em with Spirals. I was the same way, some days I loved them and some days I hated them. Looks like JG loves them all the time, which is what you need.

ckleeves

WKR
I shot an alphaburner @ 74lbs 29" draw for a season and took 2 mulies,a decent bull and a blacktail with it. Like posted above spirals are love or hate! I'm shooting a element rkt now and love it but I wouldn't hesitate to shoot a burner again they are great bows. Shoot both side by side would be your best bet. If you have a shorter draw the burner might give you slightly better preformance but I could be wrong. The turbo feels good in the hand but I haven't shot one cuz I'm LH and nobody in my area has one.

OP
Jake Leibke
Thanks for the insight. Looks like I could get an alpha burner for about 3-400 on online. I might get one just to try it. ck what kind of speed were you getting and what was your arrow weight?

The main thing to remember with the Burner is to keep shooting it. The spiral cam requires you to be diligent with your shooting. I have spirals on a Burner as well as on my Vantage Elite Plus. I also short posted my Matrix RKT to give it more of a spiral feel. That short valley makes you pull through your shot, and will make you more consistent (once you get used to it). My Burner will shoot 309 fps with a 420 gr. arrow at 28.5" and 70#. That's 84.5 ftlb.'s of KE.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I know a little about these cams... The draw length can make a pretty substantial difference about which I would recommend Jake. Also would want to know how much you shoot. These guys made some valid points - The spiral cam has proven that it's one of the best cams out there (accuracy and all out performance) - it's been a winner since about 2003/2004 virtually unchanged. However, it is geared toward a competitive shooter who never creeps and pulls hard against the back wall. Depending on your draw length and the corresponding size of cam you would end up shooting, I would probably recommend different peak weights or cams for your bow. If you want a 70 pounder, you may be better off with the RKT. The RKT is based on the same basic profile as the spiral with more let-off capability built in and adjustable draw length. Some of the shorter RKT cams tend to feel more like a spiral with less performance so... give us a little more info plz.

Coop

OP
Jake Leibke
Darrin- thanks in advance. Now I have a CRX32. That had 70lb limbs cranked all the way up. Draw length is set at 29.5". I try to shoot 4-5 times a week. My reason for looking into something else is I just can't get used to the shorter ata, I can shoot it pretty decent but not as well as the longer ata bows I've had.

ckleeves

WKR
Thanks for the insight. Looks like I could get an alpha burner for about 3-400 on online. I might get one just to try it. ck what kind of speed were you getting and what was your arrow weight?

I shot a few different arrow weights and I honestly can't remember the speeds of them. For that price you could take one for a test drive and if you don't like it sell it and you wouldn't lose to much. Everybody has different taste in bows but for me the burner had a very nice feel and shot well.

Well said COOP!!!

I have owned and shot both!!!!

I shoot a 28" draw which is on the break for the #2 or the #3 cams. I chose to shoot the #2 for better speed, performance and a lower let-off. At 60#s my let-off was exactly 66%. I was shooting a 375 grain ACC at 304 fps.

The best things about the BURNER:

Spiral X cams are ROCK SOLID. As COOP said the most proven cam in tournament history!!! AND...combined with the XT 2000 limbs it will be one of the smoothest drawing bows you have ever shot. On thing about it...it is more top heavy than most HOYT bows.

TURBO:

Balance, 35" ATA, 340 ATA speed, SMOOTH RKT CAMS, ADJUSTABLE draw length, more HUNTER Friendly cam design.