ALONE - Arctic Circle

MNGrouser

FNG
I enjoy it too. I remember when I first heard about the show "Survivor" I thought it was going to be like alone instead of the polished-up, rewards, glossy Hollywood version.

"Alone" is the real deal!

OP
fwafwow

fwafwow

WKR
There are definitely restrictions on hunting some species. NZ was pretty lame in that regard.

medvedyt

Lil-Rokslider
They talk about the hunting regulations on the show a fair amount. I w
How was a guy allowed to just shoot a musk ox for a TV show?

ould guess that each contestant holds a tag or whatever is necessary to hunt said animals.
not very clear at all as muskox can be taken only by residents or by guided for non residents ...at least the interpretation done under canadian rules but tv rules ... as we have seen here with the gold rush tv shows ...

Alone is the best show going.

Back in 2014 "The Hunt" was a good one about Kodiak bear season on Kodiak Island. No second season that I have seen or similar show since.

TFrank

WKR
There are definitely restrictions on hunting some species. NZ was pretty lame in that regard.
Entertaining show. Like it a lot. That was my hangup, if you are truly surviving you should be able to kill whatever (within in reason). Gotta take every opportunity in front of you. I am surprised they have not granted the contestants more leeway.

Vrybusy

Lil-Rokslider
100% Roland was my fav. I still find myself singing his rock house song. He would have been completely content if they never went and picked him up.
Roland is a good guy, and as mentioned...the real deal. He was that way in high school and was always in the woods trapping and hunting. He build a replica of his rock house near our home town which many people stop by and visit.

I like it. The last few seasons have been a bit weird in that it is pretty obvious who is gonna win.

You have one guy that is like I lived with the Russian version of eskimos for 10 years and everyone else is like I have a you tube channel that shows videos on how to make a bow drill. Flash forward a month and Eskimo guy is like I have 400# of that moose left but I really want some salmon for variety. Meanwhile, bow drill lady is like I just made soup out of some mouse turds and pocket lint and I have lost 50# and they are gonna make me go home.

I like it. The last few seasons have been a bit weird in that it is pretty obvious who is gonna win.

You have one guy that is like I lived with the Russian version of eskimos for 10 years and everyone else is like I have a you tube channel that shows videos on how to make a bow drill. Flash forward a month and Eskimo guy is like I have 400# of that moose left but I really want some salmon for variety. Meanwhile, bow drill lady is like I just made soup out of some mouse turds and pocket lint and I have lost 50# and they are gonna make me go home.

Best season summary ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You forgot the musk ox guy that killed one with his knife and lived in “rock house”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk