alberta elk?

ozyclint

WKR
how's the elk hunting in alberta? i have meet a guy who can hunter host me there. i'm looking at combining a spot and stalk black bear with the elk hunt. any help for this aussie in regards to areas to put in for the draw? i'm a trad bowhunter looking for the wilderness experience.

thanks guys

If you can pick up a mule deer tag on that hunt I would!!!!! Alberta has some STUDS!!!! Don't know much about the elk though. Wish you the best of luck.

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
A lot of Alberta hunting is rural with agricultural areas intermingled with forested areas. Not exactly the wilderness experience. A good friend of mine lives up there and the elk hunting is pretty good. Mostly smaller 4 & 5 point bulls. Like Evan said though - the deer hunting is ridiculous - I would get 2 deer tags and hunt mule deer and whitetail.

Manosteel

WKR
I live and hunt in Alberta, the southern parts of Alberta are agricultural/ forested areas but the rest of Alberta is pure Wilderness! And we do have some big elk along with big moose and some monster black bears. Just take a look at the 6x6 satellite bull I shot last year with my bow. I was after a monster 7x7 when the 6x6 decided he would try and steel some cows and gave me a shot I could not resist. But like anywhere else in North America, you have to know where to go!

sk1

WKR
I live and hunt in Alberta, the southern parts of Alberta are agricultural/ forested areas but the rest of Alberta is pure Wilderness! And we do have some big elk along with big moose and some monster black bears. Just take a look at the 6x6 satellite bull I shot last year with my bow. I was after a monster 7x7 when the 6x6 decided he would try and steel some cows and gave me a shot I could not resist. But like anywhere else in North America, you have to know where to go!

id love to take a look at this bull, where's the pic?

Manosteel

WKR
Here it is

IMG_0340.jpg

Manosteel

WKR
Well if you ever decide to come up north, hit me up with a pm and I will do my best to help you with the where, what and when! That is a standing offer to rokslid members.

Manosteel

WKR
The worset thing about that elk is I was within 200 yards of the heard bull for three days in a row but could never get close enough for a shot! But their is always this coming hunting season.