Alaska DIY Moose RECAP 2022

nick2021

FNG
Awesome hunt man! Grats! Going out this year as I drew a tag myself so excited!

So do you wait for 2 years because of cost or waiting for another tag? How do you go about shipping the meat home?

Congrats on an amazing trip. Impressive rack and looks great on the wall.

OP
Robinhood21
So do you wait for 2 years because of cost or waiting for another tag? How do you go about shipping the meat home?

Congrats on an amazing trip. Impressive rack and looks great on the wall.
Every 2 years for a few reasons…. Cost, taking that much time off at once and balancing my Alaska trips with family trips.

Our pilots wife is a “Known Shipper” for Alaska Airlines Air Freight so we were able to go through her to ship our meat and antlers.

Thanks for the kind words!

dutch_henry

Lil-Rokslider
I missed this thread the first time around. So glad it's revived.

You have the right attitude about everything. Kudos on a "death bed memory" kind of hunt.

OP
Robinhood21
I missed this thread the first time around. So glad it's revived.

You have the right attitude about everything. Kudos on a "death bed memory" kind of hunt.
Thank you for the kind words… It was one for the books that’s for sure!

OP
Robinhood21
Great writeup and story. Sounds like one heck of a hunt.
It really was. It wasn’t perfect, as something happened in the middle of the hunt that was really off putting but we tried to not let it affect us, and for the most part, it didn’t.

Looking back, I only remember the good parts and we had a lot of them.

It’s killing me knowing I won’t be heading up there this year. I’ve only got another 380 days until I head north again…

RP50

FNG
It really was. It wasn’t perfect, as something happened in the middle of the hunt that was really off putting but we tried to not let it affect us, and for the most part, it didn’t.

Looking back, I only remember the good parts and we had a lot of them.

It’s killing me knowing I won’t be heading up there this year. I’ve only got another 380 days until I head north again…
I know the feeling in an off year, really stinks. We're just starting to plan 2 different trips up to AK/NWT. Moose is first then hopefully we follow it up with a grizz hunt. Buddy only has a few years left with his eyesight, these are his 2 dreams hunts, so we're going to make it happen.

OP
Robinhood21
I know the feeling in an off year, really stinks. We're just starting to plan 2 different trips up to AK/NWT. Moose is first then hopefully we follow it up with a grizz hunt. Buddy only has a few years left with his eyesight, these are his 2 dreams hunts, so we're going to make it happen.
Dang, sounds like an awesome plan. Good luck!