Alaska Air Cargo

Cowbell

WKR
Do any of you gentlemen have advice on handling claims with Alaska Air Cargo. I'm currently dealing with my moose horns and meat being split up on seperate loads - they both shipped from one airport but the meat got held at the second stop while the horns made it to the final destination. I decided to Euro mount my moose and both it and the meat were to remain frozen. They are now telling me they are split up and I'm not guaranteed either will remain cold due to storage limitations. I will also receive storage charge on the first shipment to arrive after 24 hours regardless if my other shipment has arrived (4 hours round trip for me to the airport). They were one shipment but given seperate tracking numbers due to antlers classifying seperate than meat. It's all extremely frustrating and I know multiple other hunters with issues in the past week from alaska.

Airohunter

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry to hear about your experience, this was my first time using AAC after establishing myself as a known shipper. I shipped gear up to Bethel with no issues and we shipped gear and three euro Moose back to PDX without any issues. I would specifically like to highlight we just wrapped our skulls and padded the antlers, marked them as frozen and they shipped them no problem, I had read they needed to be crated so this was a nice surprise.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Dude it is really hard to have any litigious pursuits against AK Air. A couple years ago a customer bought a raft pkg from me and we shipped it down to Nashville for him on AK Air Cargo. The customer showed up to p/u and the raft was gone. They claimed someone picked up the raft, but it certainly wasn't the customer.

He still hasn't gotten anything from AK Air and the raft never resurfaced. Clearly the customer got screwed.

keller

WKR
I filed a claim with them a year ago. Emailed them back several times. Never heard a thing from them . Pretty poor customer service .

They lost a set of Arctic Oven poles I shipped a few years ago. Took a half day to actually talk to someone on the phone. I submitted my $400+ receipt for new poles along with my claim. Surprised they actually gave me a check for a whooping $50.