AKEK backpack

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all

Im a bit of a gear nut and I have a bunch of different backpacks. I have been watching and reading a lot about these AKEK packs. Apparently the first generation needed a few tweaks but it seems as though they have all the bugs worked out. I have read a few reviews on here but wondering if there are some owners of the new pack and what they think of them? They have a lot of extras included in the price like pack cover, possible pouches and a quick release gun/bow holder, normally I have to buy all these items extra.

Please advise if you have a updated model and what you think.

Last edited:
Getting too close to American made price to not be made here. Look decent, but I personally would rather pay slightly more to support American workers.

nobody

WKR
Solid pack, messed with them at the Expo. If I was in the market I would entertain them.

Also, word on the street is they are working towards 100% American made. Currently their frame is.

@AKEK can you guys confirm?

OP
J

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the info. I live in Canada so it’s hard to see any of these backpacks before I order.

AKEK

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Solid pack, messed with them at the Expo. If I was in the market I would entertain them.

Also, word on the street is they are working towards 100% American made. Currently their frame is.

@AKEK can you guys confirm?

Yes we are still actively looking into getting the bags more USA made and possibly 100% USA if we can make it happen. Because of the complexity of our design the cost would likely go up several hundred dollars per pack. In the meantime we can assure you the quality is on par with any USA made bag and we of course offer a lifetime warranty. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Brandon

Yes we are still actively looking into getting the bags more USA made and possibly 100% USA if we can make it happen. Because of the complexity of our design the cost would likely go up several hundred dollars per pack. In the meantime we can assure you the quality is on par with any USA made bag and we of course offer a lifetime warranty. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Brandon
Brandon, it’s not really a concern of mine, but am curious if you guys have a similar program as most of the USA packs have in terms of trial period?

To clear up my question, exo for example I believe has a 30 day trial period where you can return the pack if you keep it clean, and doesn’t work for you.

I have not seen mention of it, but it makes a lot of sense for an expensive pack you can’t try in person prior to buying it, and would think it would be an excellent program for you guys being the “new kid on the block”.

I wouldn’t blame you guys either way, more curious, and if you do, it would be important for potential customers to know.

AKEK

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Brandon, it’s not really a concern of mine, but am curious if you guys have a similar program as most of the USA packs have in terms of trial period?

To clear up my question, exo for example I believe has a 30 day trial period where you can return the pack if you keep it clean, and doesn’t work for you.

I have not seen mention of it, but it makes a lot of sense for an expensive pack you can’t try in person prior to buying it, and would think it would be an excellent program for you guys being the “new kid on the block”.

I wouldn’t blame you guys either way, more curious, and if you do, it would be important for potential customers to know.

Thanks for asking! Yes we absolutely do. Anyone that wants to try a pack we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. We know trying a pack on and using it for a few weeks can be really important.

Thanks for asking! Yes we absolutely do. Anyone that wants to try a pack we offer a 30 day money back guarantee. We know trying a pack on and using it for a few weeks can be really important.
That’s a really good option, and also shows that you guys believe in the product you’re selling. I hadn’t seen if you guys did or didn’t, but that’s certainly worth highlighting.

If someone is interested in an Akek, that will certainly be the difference between interested and actually buying, and companies that offer that option tend to be good people to deal with and is a bigger selling feature than a lifetime warranty to me, and it shows you care to offer a good product.

I don’t know if you guys already have it, but a YouTube channel with a link on your site would be a really good idea if you don’t already, with some good fitment videos, as well as a video with tips on how to properly load the pack so the end user is using the packs correctly…I can take a pack that fits me perfectly and load it incorrectly and make it feel like a piece of junk… make sure customers know how to fit it and how to distribute weight so all boxes are checked… you guys have put a lot of effort into starting a business, but a customer can screw up a good pack from user error and think it’s the pack…. That’s more true today than ever with society pushing lack of accountability like it’s a virtuous trait😉

I want to see you guys succeed, which means you need to treat us like 5th graders, or we’ll put our shoes on the wrong feet and complain about our shoes not being comfortable 😂

Being easy to get ahold of is huge too, people like someone answering the phone or replying to an email quickly, building a relationship with customers is a big deal… I’m not very picky in that regard, but I see it here and other forums a lot, just an observation.

AKEK

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
That’s a really good option, and also shows that you guys believe in the product you’re selling. I hadn’t seen if you guys did or didn’t, but that’s certainly worth highlighting.

If someone is interested in an Akek, that will certainly be the difference between interested and actually buying, and companies that offer that option tend to be good people to deal with and is a bigger selling feature than a lifetime warranty to me, and it shows you care to offer a good product.

I don’t know if you guys already have it, but a YouTube channel with a link on your site would be a really good idea if you don’t already, with some good fitment videos, as well as a video with tips on how to properly load the pack so the end user is using the packs correctly…I can take a pack that fits me perfectly and load it incorrectly and make it feel like a piece of junk… make sure customers know how to fit it and how to distribute weight so all boxes are checked… you guys have put a lot of effort into starting a business, but a customer can screw up a good pack from user error and think it’s the pack…. That’s more true today than ever with society pushing lack of accountability like it’s a virtuous trait😉

I want to see you guys succeed, which means you need to treat us like 5th graders, or we’ll put our shoes on the wrong feet and complain about our shoes not being comfortable 😂

Being easy to get ahold of is huge too, people like someone answering the phone or replying to an email quickly, building a relationship with customers is a big deal… I’m not very picky in that regard, but I see it here and other forums a lot, just an observation.

Thanks for the awesome feedback and support @roosiebull! Yes we have a few youtube videos showing the pack overview but not a lot of videos yet... We'll start rolling out more soon! We are here to stay and we are already starting to find a nice niche in this VERY competitive backpack world! It's humbling how many people are starting to prefer our pack over some of the other big names!

Brandon

House21

FNG
Thanks for the info. I live in Canada so it’s hard to see any of these backpacks before I order.
I'm from Canada as well and was looking recently, I ended up going with Kifaru just because you can order in from a dealer in Canada. Moving up from my Sh!tty old packs I've used before I'm pretty sure anything would be an upgrade, but for what its worth the Kifaru is built like a tank and the comfiest pack I've ever had on with weight in it. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the higher end packs as long as it fits you correctly. I was also looking at the AKEK but didn't want to get dinged with duties having it shipped over the border

I have one and it has been a good pack. Used it last year on a 7-day wilderness hunt. Pack worked like advertised, plenty of storage and light weight for the size. I have used it on day hikes since then and it is still in great shape. I have the one right before they came out with removable side poches and rain cover. The removable side pouches would be great for putting the pistol on the belt. Hiking back to came at night I would strap rifle down tight instead in the quick release configuration. Would have like to have had the pistol handy for those hikes. I think for the price point it is a decent pack.

Hey if you're still interested in the AKEK CLIMAX, check out a review I just submitted to the forum. I've had it for about a month and haven't taken it on any hunts, but I ruck a lot with it and have taken it out on a one nighter.
Let me know what you think!