AK Spring Black Bear

pa-pride

FNG
My buddy found his first bear off of the road system 3 weeks ago. We were 5 miles from the truck when we spotted this bear feeding on some grass, and just above tree line. We put on a quick stalk and soon found ourselves in some real thick alder growth with no visibility and no bear in sight. As a last ditch effort we climbed a big birch tree with a predator call. We got about 15 feet up in the tree, and I blew that call till I was out of breath. With in seconds we heard the bear charging through the alders. That bear came hard!!! My buddy rolled him at 7 yards with his Glock 20 and I backed him up with my Ruger 44. The bear ran 30 yards and fell over dead! It was the coolest thing I have ever seen in the woods.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 101

Ronster

Lil-Rokslider
Thats awesome! Congrats on a nice bear. I cant imagine going after a bear like that armed only with a handgun though.

OP
P

pa-pride

FNG
Haha well we had rifles, but we slipped up and they weren't really available to us. I never would have expected him to come that hard. We killed him with our back up guns. He was just so close and it happened really fast.