Airline Archery Case @ 62" (or under) for Oversize

Anyone have experience, or recommendation, for a bow case for airline travel under 62" (L x W x D)? Trying to avoid oversize if possible... I currently have a SKB, but my current size IS absolutely oversize!

Usually a bow case is considered sports equipment and has a different set of measurement parameters. They are usually allowed under 50lbs and anywhere from 125"-115" at normal baggage rate, not oversize.

That being said, sometimes you get a crappy gate agent and they will charge you. You can argue all you want, even show them the policies but either you want your case on the plane or you don't. I have the SKB double and flown 50+ flights with it, only been charged for oversize twice.

MattB

WKR
I’ve never been charged oversize with my SKB double bow case (20+ round trip flights in the U.S. and Canada) due to a combination of the sporting goods treatment mentioned above and being friendly with airline personnel. Don’t treat them like they are used car salesmen and you should be fine.

Cliffy65

Lil-Rokslider
Over a dozen trips between USA, New Zealand and Australia. I’ve never been charged for oversize on the SKB double bow case either.

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Pelican Vault V730 that has flown on American and Southwest. I've never been charged for it, even without "sporting equipment" in it.

I've used an XL sized rolling duffel bag that is hard bottomed and heavy Cordura soft bag above...Cabelas Ripcord XL that is no longer available. Put the bow in a soft bowcase, arrows in a PVC tube with broadheads off in hard plastic jar. All my gear including sleeping bag and backpack plus all my hunting clothes pad the bow. Top out the duffel to just under 50#s. The roller is big...44" long and about 18" in diameter.

Optics go in carry-on along with electronics. Been all over Canada with multiple trips to the Arctic in NWT and Nunavut, also Australia, etc. Typically never get charged oversize as I have only one checked bag. Did get dinged for oversize once as I remember.

WCB

WKR
I use a Boyt H51 double rifle case for of course rifles but I have a second one I customized the foam and use for my bow. No issues...as others have said it is deemed sporting goods. Just be under 50# for weight.

53.7” x 17.25” x 7”