Air Travel with an EXO K4 (25" frame)?

Loper

WKR
I ran into a guy at the airport about a month ago carrying a K3 4800. I asked him and he said he never had any issues flying with it as his carry on.
I’ve never had an issue with my K3 4800. However, I don’t stuff it to the gill. I also remove the lid so it doesn’t appear tall, and I fold the waist belt behind my back when walking up to the ticket counter or board the plane.

croben

WKR
I’ve never had an issue with my K3 4800. However, I don’t stuff it to the gill. I also remove the lid so it doesn’t appear tall, and I fold the waist belt behind my back when walking up to the ticket counter or board the plane.
All good things to consider to not draw too much attention to it.

I've flown 4-5 times with the k4 (25" frame) 3600 w/ and w/o the lid in the last year. I've never been questioned or had to take out the stays to make the bag smaller. YMMV, just be ready to know how to take out the stays and you should be find tbh.

Cyril

FNG
Last year for my moose hunt I was nervous about traveling with the pack(k3 with 4800) due to size, length and depth. I bought a 1800 just to shrinking down so only issue was length. Like others I kept all my optics and batteries in it and didn't want to gate check. I also carried a very small collapsible bag that I throw under the seat. Make sure anything you don't want to gate check is easily accessible. That way if forced to, you can throw it all in the small bag and let them check at the gate. I ended up having zero issues. My hunting partner used his 4800 packed to the gills as a carry on and also had no issues. I kind of regret buying the 1800, but better safe than sorry. Good luck.