AICS mags and variants

Dave0317

WKR
What’s the best version of AICS pattern Mag out there? I plan to buy a handful to be used with .308 and 6.5CM rifles.

Rifles are Defiance actions in McMillan stocks if that makes a difference. Our current crop of AICS mags are getting a bit dinged up and having feeding issues.

Are the Accuracy International branded the best or is there a copy like MDT, KRG, Accurate, etc. that would be equivalent or even an improvement?

Edit to add:
We’ve had the best feeding and reliability with 5 round mags in the past, so likely going to stick with that capacity. 10 rounders seem to be more finicky with spring tension issues.

AK4570

FNG
Based on my somewhat limited experience, I would just buy AI mags and be done with it. There is a clear quality difference (welds, clean and deburred edges, follower fit, etc.) between the AI and Accurate mags (all metal) that I have used, leading to a strong preference for AI.

Caveat: I have not used MDT mags so cannot compare them.

Best regards,
John

I have 4 accurate mags, 2 10 round standard and 2 3 round SAUM and a 5 round standard mdt. The mdt has never had an issue, feeds well all the time. The 10 round accurate mags had issues in the beginning because there was too much spring pressure so the rounds were pushed up too far. I loaded them full and left them sit for 3 weeks and haven’t had any issues since then. The magnum ones have never had an issue.

AICS have binder plate and less COAL. I'm perfectly content with AICS and Accurate 10 rd 308 mags. I've only used MDT plastic and they have worked fine as well.

I'm intrigued by the Waters rifleman AI pattern mags. If I needed more I'd probably start there due to the reduced size.