Aftermarket insoles

Bfcayson

FNG
Anybody had any luck with aftermarket insoles for hiking boots. More specifically danners. They still have plenty of tread on them but I can feel a little more wear on the insoles

7mag.

WKR
I've been using the Superfeet Green insoles, and they seem to be better than factory. I think I'm going to try the Hunter insoles from Superfeet next, they seem to have a little more cushion.

GKPrice

Banned
Boots, any boots, have crap for factory insoles - I replace the insoles in my Lowas when I purchase them - Haven't tried the new Hunters insoles as yet but the Greens are good - "IF" you have any inclination for Plantars Fasciitas or arch problems you should give "Heel that Pain" insoles, I don't have an answer to how long they last but they cured mine problem almost instantly - I read a bunch of comments regarding "volume" and will admit that they felt thicker when I first put the boots on but I've been wearing them daily for 2 months now (work construction on ever changing terrain and surfaces) and they are still chugging right along so at $35 a pair they're doing great for me

Several other threads on this same subject within the last couple of weeks. Lots of satisfied customers, me included for the "heel that pain" insoles. I read about them, and after trying numerous others, have found them to be the most effective. You might have to read the other threads on tis subject and purchase different ones to find the most effective in your situation.

I had a set custom made at a podiatrist about 10 years ago and they've been with their weight in gold. I swap them into every pair of shoes I wear and they've got thousands of miles on them. Money well spent.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Paradactal

Lil-Rokslider
Ive used Redwing insoles for years mainly because I get a hefty discount through work. They dont last as long as I would like, 6 months of everyday use, but they work very well. I need the high arch support and these fit nicely

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been running Meindl air actives you can get at cabelas for about 20$ seems odd you buy a $400 pair of boots but need to put different insoles in them

My Cabelas Denali's have the green super feet insoles in them, Its a great sole. I often wear my boots ALL DAY unless they get a bit hot and I will take em off for a foot breather in mid day. Super comfy.
Cabelas here in oregon has one of the foot mapping machines that will tell you which arch support to get. low, med or high. I was med to high so I got the medium. Put my heel in the perfect spot of the boot. Lots of miles on them last 3 years and not a single hot spot.