Adding Pocket to Stone Glacier Solo

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Stone Glacier Solo that I'd like to add side pockets to. I'd like them to be elastic around the top of the pocket like you see on many backpacks. Something to hold water bottles, garbage, trekking poles or whatever else. I've contacted a couple local sewing shops and they aren't interested in helping me. I'm not concerned with aesthetics or matching fabrics/colors. Does anyone know of a shop they've used previously that might be able to help with this?

wnelson14

WKR
There is a member on here that modified a solo to have an outside zipper on the spotting scope pocket that there is a thread about it, you will have to search for it here. But I believe there is another member that modifies gear and would probably do this.
I agree with you wanting to do that it would be about the perfect bag.

chasewild

WKR
I have a Stone Glacier Solo that I'd like to add side pockets to. I'd like them to be elastic around the top of the pocket like you see on many backpacks. Something to hold water bottles, garbage, trekking poles or whatever else. I've contacted a couple local sewing shops and they aren't interested in helping me. I'm not concerned with aesthetics or matching fabrics/colors. Does anyone know of a shop they've used previously that might be able to help with this?
@as.ks.ak could probably help.

OP
W

Walkstoomuch

Lil-Rokslider
Still looking for someone to help me with this, any ideas? Pods8 is full for a few months

BBB

FNG
Following…I’m looking to do the same thing on a solo and evo 3300. I’m not real big on needing elastic on mine, mostly just to set a rifle butt or tripod legs into. I bought a yard of cordura and leaning heavily on my wife’s confidence that she can do this project. I’d be curious if anyone had any tips for a diy.

as.ks.ak

WKR
Flip the pack inside out. Rip the existing seams. Roll hem the top of new material once you have your dimensions figured out. Stitch. Be happy.

That being said, ripping seams on a pack and doing it proper can be a serious time suck and honestly is rarely worth what most people are willing to pay… I have a full slate until the middle of summer right now. As I’ve told a number of guys to circle back with me come July.

That’s what I’d do, anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk