Acr'terx ALPHA LT JACKET GEN 2 vs Kuiu Katana for SE AK?

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
I'm between these two or something else if someone thinks it's better. I'm going solid so I can use it outside of hunting. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Katana has numerous reports of the zippers leaking. I’d go for the Arcteryx with Gore Pro Shell. Also bring a HH Impertech jacket for real wet days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdot

WKR
If light weight isn't your #1 priority, I'd personally use the Kuiu Yukon gear over either of those jackets. If light weight is your #1 criteria, then I'd be wearing the Chugach TR. I've had great success with the last model of the Chugach and the new TR model is supposed to be even more durable. I don't find the Katana to be as good.

I won't be buying anymore Arcteryx Goretex, even for skiing or mountaineering, as I really dont enjoy either the stiffness of the fabric or the noise of it. For hunting, both of those issues are non-starters for me. The Kuiu gear is quieter and insanely more flexible.

OP
chizelhead

chizelhead

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the feedback! The Chugach TR sounds like the right balance of features. They won’t get the gunmetal gray in until august which is my hunt. I’ll be goat hunting so ozs matter but so does functionality. I’ve used impertech quite a bit. It’s great for sitting but I sweat a lot if I’m active while wearing it. I also used to hunt in the heavy helly hansen pvc which was an even bigger sauna. I ended up ditching the rain gear and hunted wool only in coastal forests when I could dry out at night. Thanks for the heads up on stiffness and noise of acr’teryx. I’m not a fan of either but I could put up with it for being dry and comfortable.

Tikka90

FNG
The arcteryx seems to have a great reputation. Anything 3 layer goretex should do the job

Mowy33

FNG
Arcteryx makes the best outdoor clothing. I’d pick it over any hunting brand every day of the week.

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
While I really like all my Arc'teryx stuff I do not feel it is any better than my Kuiu, Pnuma, Kryptek or Sitka stuff.